This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if they would've been picked to win it if they knew who liberty returned from last year (I kid, I kid).

But 18 days away and still no roster. I guess we'll find out after the first box score is posted
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I find it encouraging that we got 2 first place votes. Now that Coastal is gone, we should rule BSC.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Its never that simple ballcoach...
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I'm still optimistic but losing kyle Horton and not allowing Tillman to play when he wouldn't count against the roster are 2 big negatives to me. He did have a solid recruiting class though in the fall. We will see soon.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
What? Gill isn't letting Tillman play baseball?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I'm still optimistic but losing kyle Horton and not allowing Tillman to play when he wouldn't count against the roster are 2 big negatives to me. He did have a solid recruiting class though in the fall. We will see soon.
Is there a statement on this?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
jinxy wrote:I'm still optimistic but losing kyle Horton and not allowing Tillman to play when he wouldn't count against the roster are 2 big negatives to me. He did have a solid recruiting class though in the fall. We will see soon.
That's my thought...unless you got something on the record I would be VERY careful to make that kind of a charge with regard to Tillmon
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:
That's my thought...unless you got something on the record I would be VERY careful to make that kind of a charge with regard to Tillmon
Not really something to be "careful" about, just didn't see this posted anywhere. I'm just curious to know where the information came from.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
From the Chadwell to Coastal thread (D30 is Brandon's guy on here for those who don't know):
Dirty 30 wrote:
jinxy wrote:Are they letting Brandon play baseball this yearn. Please say yes. We could use his athleticism.
Jinxy,

He decided not to play. All I am going to say is no one talked to him from the baseball staff. I was told by another college coach that he was told it would be tough for him to make the team. That Coach ask why and he was told they have a lot of outfielders and they have to cut. The coach ask did they know anything about Brandon as a baseball player and the coach said we know he is a 2 sport athlete. He told them if Brandon concentrated just on Baseball, he would start for them. He also told him that they better do their research because they have a pretty good baseball player on campus that is not playing and could help them. I support his decision but I would like to see him play because I know he loves it. If Toman was still there he would be playing baseball right now. He loves Liberty and the football team and his coaches. He is focus on Football right now and the weight room. He did well in the classroom this fall as well and I am proud of him. He has already broken to 2 records in the weight room for Freshman and he is the starting free safety on the depth chart going into spring practice and he is excited about this upcoming spring practice. I told him to stay humble and keep working hard. He said he would play baseball next year and really wanted to focus on Football this spring. I hope that happens. I guess we will see next year.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
IF the coaching staff wouldn't give a long look at Tillman, who is a freebie, that seems like a huge mistake.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I still think its stupid the roster isn't up. Im curious who are all these good outfields that tillman can't be on the team.

and if this is a regular thing for jackson.... :roll:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Getting the roster posted is the job of Ryan Bomberger and the AC boys...
Last edited by BJWilliams on January 31st, 2017, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Great context, Jinxy. Thanks for posting!

Bombs is one of the best in the business. It will be on the website when it needs to be.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Thanks BJ!

I don't know when his interview took place with Nick but he said they're still trimming the roster down to 35. So it makes sense.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I should have said he wouldn't have taken a Scholairship. I think he would have counted against the roster had he made the top 35. The staff is holding the roster not the SID. If I had to guess it's which catcher to leave off.

As far as outfielder, Artist Shepherd, Morris. Beyond that last I can't imagine there were any locks to make roster unless it was livingston morris who was highly touted.

Sounds like locklear will be our starter at ss. I fully expected that. We will hit but we don't have a lot of new arms so some of these guys from last year will have to improve big time.
Last edited by jinxy on February 1st, 2017, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I simply said that getting the roster posted is for Bomberger and the boys...if they have nothing to post, then of course it stands to reason that they won't have it to put up. Remember that Jackson came after fall ball if I'm not mistaken so it would make sense that they are doing final vetting for the 35 man although they are cutting it close
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Coach Jackson was named coach in July.
That IS after Fall Ball......in Argentina
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I should have said he wouldn't have taken a Scholairship. I think he would have counted against the roster had he made the top 35. The staff is holding the roster not the SID...
I thought it went without saying... that's what I get for assuming people on this board would know the coaching staff has to finalize the roster before giving it to the SIDs.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Coach Jackson was named coach in July.
I stand corrected FH
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think we were all mainly correcting bj since he gets so much joy out of correcting everyone ha.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Don't dish out what you can't take I reckon...so ready for opening pitch
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]