This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I don't think so . More talent back this year. Should be a dynamic offense and a bona fide ace and closer. If we can fill in the rest of the pitching at all we should win 35 with this schedule easy. Disappointed with the home schedule. Tough not having the Uva unc umd VT type games. Kentucky and Duke will have to do I guess .
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I don't think so . More talent back this year. Should be a dynamic offense and a bona fide ace and closer. If we can fill in the rest of the pitching at all we should win 35 with this schedule easy. Disappointed with the home schedule. Tough not having the Uva unc umd VT type games. Kentucky and Duke will have to do I guess .
Who's the closer?
By Jonathan Carone
We have the ace. The rest of the pitching is either young or inexperienced. Toman built the team backwards. He had a lot of hitters and little pitching. It'll take Jackson a year or so to flip it.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Quarterly was solid we just overworked him. Also Jackson bertsch will be a big time late inning weapon if healthy. He features a mid 90s fastball. Evan Mitchell will be a solid option as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
DeGroat and Mitchell are probably our top 2 as far as starters go, will be interesting who ends up our #3 on the weekends and who our 1-2 flex guys will be to start midweek games, because we don't have any weeks with two midweek games on the schedule currently. Quarterley I would think wil get first crack at being the closer, with Helsel, Gamble, Clouse and Letchworth as well as Scott (who did very well in three starts for us). Bertsch could do either for us but there isn't a huge sample size to measure from with him so its hard to say where he would best fit. Grabowski I think ought to focus on being a position player, same with Simpson.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]