This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's a good article. I have always thought college baseball and softball should be awarded more scholarships. It should be no less than 15 full rides.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Not every player gets drafted, thus minor leagues isn't an option. Also, even if a player is drafted, he could be better off going to college, especially if he isn't a high draft choice. Even if drafted , only small % of player actually reach major leagues. I went to a minor league game Saturday, I did not see anyone who I thought will be in major leagues in the future, except maybe 1 pitcher and 1 position player.
Colleges are getting shafted with the 11.7 rule. Number should be increased.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
STUDENT athletes go to college. I don't care about it increasing their Draft Stock. If they want to play in Colege great. But it should not be incumbent upon the University to help them be better draft picks. The number of scholarships would probably be more adequate if they didn't play as many games
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I agree on the number of games. They play too many, but that is done to force teams to have deep pitching staffs. Otherwise a team with 2 studs could dominate.

Baseball and softball gets shafted when compared to football and basketball. Basketball only has 5 players in game at a time, yet they are giving 12 scholarships I believe. If baseball/softball got equal treatment, they would be able to give 20 scholarships. (if my math is correct)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I agree on the number of games. They play too many, but that is done to force teams to have deep pitching staffs. Otherwise a team with 2 studs could dominate.

Baseball and softball gets shafted when compared to football and basketball. Basketball only has 5 players in game at a time, yet they are giving 12 scholarships I believe. If baseball/softball got equal treatment, they would be able to give 20 scholarships. (if my math is correct)
Well if you cut the number of games you won't need pitching as deep. Basketball and football also don't have the Minor League option
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Minor Leagues should not have anything to do with number of scholarships colleges can give. Did you read the article that started this thread ? Colleges are getting shafted by NCAA's limit on scholarships.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The Minor Leagues should not have anything to do with number of scholarships colleges can give. Did you read the article that started this thread ? Colleges are getting shafted by NCAA's limit on scholarships.
Reduce the number of games to compensate for the scholarships. These players are not being put in danger of being teachers, doctors accountants or Pharma reps
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]