This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoping that "no news is good news." :pray
By Larryhenry24
I haven't posted in a while because I've lost my patience. I sure hope we hire the right guy soon! I was expecting the coach to be named this week. I guess that's not going to happen. Seems awfully quiet. Anyone hearing anything?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Larryhenry24 wrote:I haven't posted in a while because I've lost my patience. I sure hope we hire the right guy soon! I was expecting the coach to be named this week. I guess that's not going to happen. Seems awfully quiet. Anyone hearing anything?
Once Trump makes his VP pick then JB will make his pick - professional courtesy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Larryhenry24 wrote:I haven't posted in a while because I've lost my patience. I sure hope we hire the right guy soon! I was expecting the coach to be named this week. I guess that's not going to happen. Seems awfully quiet. Anyone hearing anything?
Once Trump makes his VP pick then JB will make his pick - professional courtesy.
Well played :clapping :flamingdevil
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
There are some excellent candidates that are interested, but not sure they are going to be considered. Don't like what I am hearing, not-hearing, right now either. I suspect we will find out pretty soon.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:There are some excellent candidates that are interested, but not sure they are going to be considered. Don't like what I am hearing, not-hearing, right now either. I suspect we will find out pretty soon.
The fact that it has taken this long IMO is not a good omen
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flameshaw wrote:There are some excellent candidates that are interested, but not sure they are going to be considered. Don't like what I am hearing, not-hearing, right now either. I suspect we will find out pretty soon.
Yeah, either the guy we want is tying up some loose ends before announcing or we are down to our third or fourth choice now.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
From what I hear this has been intentional and not in anyway because people have turned down the position. They are simply taking their time and making sure to do all their homework - this is a very important hire and they are thinking long term...

The only definite thing I have heard is......BJ has officially taken his name out of the running - so cross him off the list.
By Jonathan Carone
My understanding is the alumni who got interviews were interviewed last week. This week there were a few scheduled from outside the bubble. They went slower than I thought they would but now that they've had guys on campus, I'd expected a press conference early next week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
From what I hear this has been intentional and not in anyway because people have turned down the position. They are simply taking their time and making sure to do all their homework - this is a very important hire and they are thinking long term...

The only definite thing I have heard is......BJ has officially taken his name out of the running - so cross him off the list.
Well, yeah the BJ rejection caught us all off guard.
Nice spin on the other stuff. A good AD ALWAYS has a short list in the back of their minds. Of course the official word is that 'we are taking our time'. ' we want to get this right' etc. it just reinforces my belief that something happened in the after season meeting that caught JB flat footed. Now instead of 'taking it slow' LU is scrambling trying to find the best of what remains out there. Apparently pickings are slim.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The pickings are not slim at all, there is no excuse for not making a good/excellent hire for this spot. I hope we do, but I am not convinced yet. Some of the people who have been eliminated, not interviewed, etc. have me concerned.
By Jonathan Carone
I don't think the pickings are slim at all. I think Jeff has a process and he wants to get the right guy for the long haul. He'd rather take his time and get it right than rush and make a quick decision.

If Jackson was the interview earlier this week like Rogers suggest, then I know two of the three finalists would be absolutely great hires for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I kinda figure an AD wants to make the right hire. Pretty sure they don't go in saying 'How can I screw this up?'
I'm more than willing to be proven wrong Every AD has a 'process'. This one seems odd. A lot of yellow and red flags.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I hope it's right. Unc has been carried by their pitching since he's been there. Give me Sykes with him and that's a good looking group.
I suppose Sykes could make the alma matre exception, but Big 10 assistants generally don't leave to be assistants for a BSC team

BTW, Scott Forbes is the pitching coach at UNC Although Jackson was the pitching coach when he was at Liberty, he coaches hitting, base running and infield for the Heels
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]