This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
southern_flames88 wrote:I think that Robinson would be a great fit for LU!
That's great that you think that...pardon me for sounding a little crass but even if you think that, at the end of the day youre not gonna be the one shaking hands and saying "youre hired"
By Larryhenry24
Really just hoping that we hire the right guy. This has taken much longer than I expected and I'm just not sure we will hire a guy that is an upgrade from Toman. Plus, getting behind in recruiting just blows my mind. It's been 2 weeks....if you let a guy go this late you'd better have a guy that you want to hire. Maybe we did and maybe that coach said NO! Would be interesting to know what's been going on behind the scenes in the search. But I've lost my patience and I'm ready for the new coach to be named!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
That's great that you think that...pardon me for sounding a little crass but even if you think that, at the end of the day youre not gonna be the one shaking hands and saying "youre hired"
Really? Golly Neds. I bet he's shocked to hear that. It goes without saying that no one on this board is going to make the hire. Or any hire. So there is really no need to point that out. Unless you want to come across as a tool
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I know we all want a new coach but it's okay to sacrifice a year of recruiting to get the right guy for the next ten.
QFT. This is about the long term future of this program, not rushing some guy in to keep 4 commits around
By Larryhenry24
I agree we need to get the right guy and the 4 commits are not that big of a deal...but we are getting way behind on recruiting the next few years. This isn't like football. And I just can't comprehend why we let JT go so late w/out a replacement lined up. Bizarre!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know what larry...we may never know why...but we need to trust that JB knows what he is doing. as was said by WSET, it seems that there will be an announcement "soon".
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As Colin Cowherd (who has been roundly excoriated on this board at times) said, "that's a you problem." We all are eagerly anticipating the announcement so don't think you are the only one
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Larryhenry24 wrote:I agree we need to get the right guy and the 4 commits are not that big of a deal...but we are getting way behind on recruiting the next few years. This isn't like football. And I just can't comprehend why we let JT go so late w/out a replacement lined up. Bizarre!
Maybe because he was a horrible game coach? That he wasn't good at developing talent? Choked one of his players in the dugout? Managed his pitchers horribly? Didn't represent the school well and had to have spiritual leaders from the school travel with the team to babysit? I think the school was done with it all and wants long term success, and might be willing to sacrifice a few years to get the program up to where it needs to be.

Or he simply made strong demands in his end of year review - and Barber said "no way" and forced his hand...

Barber will get someone good now. He has been here a long time now and knows what kind of coach we need.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey Southern_flames, I wanted to say that what I said was rude and much too crass...Im sorry bud...I should have exercised much more grace in my response to you
By Hillary Clinton
BJWilliams wrote:
Delete your account.
Thanks BJ.....please understand I do recognize that I will not be the one shaking his hand or hiring him. As a former player at LU and still connected very closely to the game through coaching & scouting - I feel I have a pretty good handle on guys out there. I know that Robinson fits what Doc prayed the program would be ......I am sure there are others that Barber is talking to that are equally as qualified but from scouts to former players.....Robinson is very well thought of. Appreciate you taking the time follow up your original note.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The interviews are next week. We've known that for the last few days. Nothing has changed. Stop trolling.
I didn't know the interviews were this coming week. I thought they were last week and we would have a decision by Friday.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We are far from unique in our timing of the hiring process for a D1 head coach. Tulane, UCF & Villanova all have openings for head coach right now where they are interviewing canidates the same time as us.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We are far from unique in our timing of the hiring process for a D1 head coach. Tulane, UCF & Villanova all have openings for head coach right now where they are interviewing canidates the same time as us.
I don't know about the other 2, but the Tulane situation is nothing like ours Their coach left to take the Texas job, so the timing was out of their control
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:We are far from unique in our timing of the hiring process for a D1 head coach. Tulane, UCF & Villanova all have openings for head coach right now where they are interviewing canidates the same time as us.
I don't know about the other 2, but the Tulane situation is nothing like ours Their coach left to take the Texas job, so the timing was out of their control
UCF's coach left to take an assistant job at Alabama less than a week ago. Villanova fired their coach at the end of May.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
olldflame wrote:
UCF's coach left to take an assistant job at Alabama less than a week ago. Villanova fired their coach at the end of May.
So shot that theory down
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Hearing Mercer’s Craig Gibson is out of the mix for the #Liberty job. Another new name to watch: Ball State’s Rich Maloney. Interviewed.
now that would be a solid hire.

career 667-430-1 record. 341-244 with a super regional with Michigan.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
Hearing Mercer’s Craig Gibson is out of the mix for the #Liberty job. Another new name to watch: Ball State’s Rich Maloney. Interviewed.
now that would be a solid hire.

career 667-430-1 record. 341-244 with a super regional with Michigan.
Let's go Testie Tech!!!
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]