This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:When new coach is named do you folks think there will be press conference in tower like we had for basketball?
I don't see why not.
With or without Trump?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:When new coach is named do you folks think there will be press conference in tower like we had for basketball?
I don't see why not.
With or without Trump?
I assumed he meant Trump Tower.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Coach, you're invited. Just show up. Tuesday, July 19 @ 11 AM.
Bama, are you pulling ballcoach's chain again? He's an old guy and a veteran. Don't be sending him on a wild goose chase. :nono
By youngflamer
youngflamer wrote:
I hear there are some alums in the mix in addition to Bream. If you are wondering why the firing came so long after the end of the season was because Jr told Barber to get rid of Toman because of all the negatives. It wasn't Barber's decision at all because Toman was his hire, therefore he was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Jr had heard from too many reports of what was going on to let Barber keep him.

JLFJR was obviously back to reading flamefans again This is all Carone's doing

As far as Toman being JB's hire, it means nothing So was Layer If you stick around long enough as an AD, you will have to fire coaches you hired Comes with the territory

If it had been Barber's decision he would have made it at the end of the season not a month later. He did fire Layer but many felt it was a season or two too late.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I can see a scenario where JR may have relayed the complaints he had received to JB for follow up, but as far as dictating a dismissal if Jeff did not think it was warranted, I highly doubt it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I can see a scenario where JR may have relayed the complaints he had received to JB for follow up, but as far as dictating a dismissal if Jeff did not think it was warranted, I highly doubt it
JR's suggestions = other people's decisions
By southern_flames88
Good luck to Coach Jackson. Hope he can guide the Flames back to the "character" that the program was built on. Felt pretty sure that JB would go after someone with head coaching experience but I guess he decided otherwise. Will be interesting to see who he hires as his assistants. Curious if there will be any link to Liberty past.....
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]