This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

“I was committed to South Carolina two weeks before my sophomore year of high school. That was right off their back-to-back national championships so I couldn’t say no. They offered me a scholarship, [and I said], ‘Yes sir, I’d love to come,’” he said. “And I was coming back the June before my senior year and Coach [Chad] Holbrook, he told me and my dad to make a run through Columbia on my way back from Atlanta. He told me I wasn’t good enough to play at his program on a scholarship, so I told him I’d think about it and I called him a couple weeks later and told him I’d like to go somewhere else and try my chances. [Coastal Carolina pitching coach Drew] Thomas saw me at a showcase, and here we are going to LSU.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... rylink=cpy

I wonder if Liberty got a flyer from SC on the possibility that Lancaster was available...
jlread wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Coastal is playing for a national championship...SC wishes they had their coach
We need one right!?!? Any chance we could get there coach?
He is a Coastal alum, and if he is not a "lifer" yet, he is the closest thing to it I seriously doubt he would consider an offer from anywhere outside the elite P5 baseball programs in the country, and when you look at what they have done this year, even that might not tempt him Other than the $$ (which is always a factor, no matter what anyone says) why would you leave a place you love when you are competing for national championships there
Jonathan Carone wrote:Gilmore turned down Auburn and a ton of money in 08. He's staying at Coastal until 2020 when his contract runs out and then he's hanging it up.
I don't know the man, but something tells me he is not going to retire at 62
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]