This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Lee is an athletic lefty with velocity in low 90's in H S. He is not as app to have command issues that is more common in bigger pitchers. I think he has great upside as a pitcher.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalton Britt goes to the Tigers in the 31st round; #925 overall. Ironically one pick after George Young of Coastal. The beach chickens have had 4 or 5 picked. I think Paez went highest, somewhere in the low 100s.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Best of luck to Dalton...he is headed to a good organization. Id like to see Bean get drafted as there are a few very good teams in the pitching development department
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Zach Hess from LCA taken by the Yankees in R35, #1058 Overall...First LCA baseball player EVER taken in the draft I believe
By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
Super excited for Dalton, he deserves the opportunity for sure. Hope he has a great career.

At this point in the draft any juniors picked are probably going to return to school, looks good for next year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Bean headed to the Brewers at #1071 Overall (1971 would have been humorously fitting though..although the draft doesn't go that far)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Zach Hess from LCA taken by the Yankees in R35, #1058 Overall...First LCA baseball player EVER taken in the draft I believe
And in case anyone is wondering, his dad's name is Karl. He is a 6'6" pitcher and throws in the 90s. I have no idea if he is considering LU.
Last edited by olldflame on June 11th, 2016, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He's not olldflame...he signed with LSU. Either he heads to Baton Rouge or he heads to the Yankees Spring Training Facility in FL
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:He's not olldflame...he signed with LSU. Either he heads to Baton Rouge or he heads to the Yankees Spring Training Facility in FL
That explains why he went so low.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Bean headed to the Brewers at #1071 Overall (1971 would have been humorously fitting though..although the draft doesn't go that far)
Despite the fact he will get a very small bonus, I strongly suspect Bean is a goner. Whatever you think of Quinn as a pitching coach overall, he clearly had no solution for Parker's problems.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
For some reason I had thought he was a senior so I figured he would have been gone anyway.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the list of eligible players, I really only think that Bean, Britt, Cole (before the arm issues), Herndon, Roberts, Shepherd and Stafford were going to get a serious look as possible pro prospects heading into the season. Be interesting to see if any of the guys who didn't get called get a free agent look before rookie ball seasons kick off
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Amazed Bean was drafted, just don't see the talent there. I wish Britt all the success in the world, but believe his defense will hold him back. Unfortunately, he will boot the occasional routine play. Not good.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man I'll take yacyk and Shepherd back. If we can get Lee in I'll feel really good about next year. I really think Morris and locklear could be impact starters. Bean throws low 90s and with the right tweak he couldid hit mid 90s and with his frame I'd take a flier too. That late he's cheap and decent upside.
By LUDad
DeGroat' 3 hit, 1 run, complete game performance against Coastal is looking even more impressive after Coastal's 11 run, 4 homer game against LSU last night. He's going to be a stud next year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:DeGroat' 3 hit, 1 run, complete game performance against Coastal is looking even more impressive after Coastal's 11 run, 4 homer game against LSU last night. He's going to be a stud next year.
I hope you are correct. In the past we have seen significant progression and regression in players from one year to the next. Our pitching this year was not good and our offense was inconsistent at best.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He's either headed to Helena or Arizona for his rookie ball stop
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He's at the point where going pro was probably his best option. Now that he is in the Milwaukee system, he can get not only his mechanics worked on, but get his psychology as well. If he can get his head straight, the mechanics will follow and you'll see him making his way up the ladder
By Jonathan Carone
BJWilliams wrote:If he can get his head straight, the mechanics will follow and you'll see him making his way up the ladder
It's the other way around in Parker's case. He can't repeat his mechanics (because they're messed up) and then that messes with his head.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]