This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Call me crazy but I actually think, despite the pitching situation, this Liberty team could win the tournment were it not for the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Except for the pitching, they seem to be getting hot at the right time.

Just dreaming though....Liberty had little to no chance of beating Coastal once, much less twice a few years ago, right?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Call me crazy but I actually think, despite the pitching situation, this Liberty team could win the tournment were it not for the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Except for the pitching, they seem to be getting hot at the right time.

Just dreaming though....Liberty had little to no chance of beating Coastal once, much less twice a few years ago, right?
Our average pitching went into overdrive during the 2013 postseason and got us pretty far. This year's pitching is less than average, more like borderline abysmal. The 3 games we played CCU this year looked like batting practice pitching and not D1 pitching . . . but anyhting is possible.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Once tournament starts its a new season. We could get pitching staff in order and win the BSC.

I recall ACC tournament last year. UVA was playing terrible. They sneaked into NCAA tournament and won college world series
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I think we better focus on one game at a time. High Point is going to be out for revenge. And it gets no easier from there. For the players sakes' I hope they do represent themselves and the school well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Ashton Perritt ain't walking through that door.
FIFY
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Anytime Jon.

Btw DJ Artis just announced as freshman of the year
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont see us winning more than 1 game. Having followed the program for about 12 years now i can say two things for sure. You have to have a lot of pitching and we will need to stay in the winners bracket to have any shot. We just dont have enough reliable arms to fight through the losers bracket. The only other way is to slug our way through a couple which i think is the only shot. The conference is way down outside of coastal. Thats all the mor frustrating part about this season.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We have zero chance of winning the tourney. Wish I was wrong. Not enough pitching and inconsistent offense at best.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Anytime Jon.

Btw DJ Artis just announced as freshman of the year
Congratulations DJ! Kid looks to be a staple of this team for the next 3 years.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I dont see us winning more than 1 game. Having followed the program for about 12 years now i can say two things for sure. You have to have a lot of pitching and we will need to stay in the winners bracket to have any shot. We just dont have enough reliable arms to fight through the losers bracket. The only other way is to slug our way through a couple which i think is the only shot. The conference is way down outside of coastal. Thats all the mor frustrating part about this season.

Well 1 game would be an improvement over last season. It would be nice to win a couple but don't see that happening...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Because of the 9 Ks as well as 3 walks, DeGroat has thrown a lot of pitches. Unlikely he can go the distance.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Zander walks the leadoff man and then retires the side in order. We go down 123 in the top of the 9th. 3 outs to go!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Clouse loses the shutout but Flames win 6-1
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]