This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am not that familiar with BSC scheduling. Why do we not play all BSC teams ?

If Presbyterian scores against LU, it's an "upset".
By LUDad
Ballcoach has a point about not being a tipical 7th seed. We had a mid-season slump. Most teams do have their ups & downs during the course of a season. Tipically we have one at the end of the year (but not this year!!!). A lot of our problems simply related to giving out too many free passes. I think RPI is the best indicator of how a team is fairing to-date. Liberty fell to to around 170 or so, but have climbed back to 109 during this streak.

Current RPI's
CCU - 13
HP - 101
Liberty - 109
GW - 146
Campbell - 158
LW - 163
Winthrop - 174
Presbyterian - 210
CSU - 240
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope the winner of High Point vs Longwood game this afternoon can beat Coastal tomorrow, and put CCU in losers bracket , providing we take care of the Radford-G Webb winner.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Coastal has not dominated. Gdub had the tying run on 3rd and winning on 2nd last night with 2 outs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope everyone else burns up their pitching before tomorrow. Our pitching has been in shambles all season. Believe it or not, this could turn out to be positive for the tournament.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's the thing ballcoach...if you had actually read the bracket breakdown, if the HPU-LWU winner beats CCU...they play them again in a 7 inning game later that day...which would be the same scenario for the Radford-GWU winner with us
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The bracket is hard to figure out.

Longwood leads HP 9-2 or 3 in 2nd inning. Burn that pitching up today.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood-High Point game looks like a Church League Slow Pitch game. both starting pitchers got knocked out in 2nd inning. 4th inning, both teams have 10 hits each. LW leads 9-5 I think.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Presbyterian has been eliminated already

We won 3-0 vs. Radford in the final home series a couple weeks ago...we have not faced Gardner-Webb this year

Sorry... I should have said 1-2 against Presby. Fact is, we are less than stellar and losing our series against a team like Presbyterian is just one example.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I hope there is a ballgame on at 5:00 that I can watch...
hopefully watching Coastal's 2nd game of the day.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Only game I want to watch is Liberty in championship game and winning, and going to NCAA Regional Tournament.
By LUDad
krh44 wrote:
LUDad wrote:I hope there is a ballgame on at 5:00 that I can watch...
hopefully watching Coastal's 2nd game of the day.
Doesn't look like that's going to happen...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU up 8-5.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:You would think after his last time out Toman would realize Scott only has so many pitches in him. Nope.
You would think. Hate to use Quarterly today.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]