This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think the main reasoning is that Mitchell is stretched out. Scott just didn't get enough opportunity and is good for about 5 or 6 innings max if he's efficient. Mitchell is capable of going 7 or 8 strong against Longwood which to me gives us the best chance to win. You get in our bullpen for 4 innings and we're in trouble.
Last edited by jinxy on May 25th, 2016, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
Since Toman didn't coach yesterday (bc he got tossed twice in HP series) and we played freaking awesome. Can we treat this like other baseball superstitions like not washing the uni, not shaving, or eating the same meal? Let the Big Guy just sit back, relax, and watch the game until we lose? Anything is worth a shot with this roller coaster.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
newoldschool17 wrote:Since Toman didn't coach yesterday (bc he got tossed twice in HP series) and we played freaking awesome. Can we treat this like other baseball superstitions like not washing the uni, not shaving, or eating the same meal? Let the Big Guy just sit back, relax, and watch the game until we lose? Anything is worth a shot with this roller coaster.
I'm up for that;)
Guys played a lot looser...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Shepherd leading the way with a double and a solo bomb
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames concede a run but avoid further damage from a bases loaded, no out situation and lead 5-2 at the end of 2
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Flames WIN 9-3. Announcers said a 7th seeded Big South team has NEVER advanced to the semi-finals winner's bracket with 2 straight wins until TODAY!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Big win today. We get to rest until Friday and save our arms for the weekend. DeGroat should be available for Saturday for a couple innings if needed. We can go with Scott on Friday...the real question is who gets the ball in the if necessary game?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Big win today. We get to rest until Friday and save our arms for the weekend. DeGroat should be available for Saturday for a couple innings if needed. We can go with Scott on Friday...the real question is who gets the ball in the if necessary game?
Herndon if he's not called on in the earlier game to relieve. If he is, it might be Clouse.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Credit to these guys for not mailing it in. I may not be happy with how the regular season went but post season runs are always fun.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Formula is still in place. Winners bracket and score 5 or more runs a game. Quarterly stopped the bleeding and gave the offense time to get going again. Coastal isn't exactly lighting it up so far. Just a 3 to 2 lead in the 7th after struggling with Radford. They haven't seen Scott and there's not much video on him. If we can get 5 or 6 runs and get 5 or 6 good innings from Scott then bridge clouse and quarterly we might have a shot. If we lose i would guess Murphy would next.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Championships are won in post season.

See UVA 2015
2016 Captain Obvious Post of the Year
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Flames WIN 9-3. Announcers said a 7th seeded Big South team has NEVER advanced to the semi-finals winner's bracket with 2 straight wins until TODAY!

I hope announcers realize Liberty is not a "normal run-of-the-mill" #7 seed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Flames WIN 9-3. Announcers said a 7th seeded Big South team has NEVER advanced to the semi-finals winner's bracket with 2 straight wins until TODAY!

I hope announcers realize Liberty is not a "normal run-of-the-mill" #7 seed.
Yes we are. What they are doing right now is not normal for a 7 seed, but the way we played all year was. You can't take a 50 plus game season and throw it away and say these 2 games are who we are. OK, maybe YOU can :roll: . Us "normal run-of-the-mill" folks have a problem with it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted we played terrible most of the year, and lost to some teams that did not belong on the field with us, but we are better than a #7 seed in BSC. Win, lose or get rained out, we are 2nd best in BSC in my opinion behind CCU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted we played terrible most of the year, and lost to some teams that did not belong on the field with us, but we are better than a #7 seed in BSC. Win, lose or get rained out, we are 2nd best in BSC in my opinion behind CCU.
Welcome to the world of ballcoach, where one man's opinion "Trumps" not only everyone else's, but the obvious results on the field.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Our Offense this year was top three in the conference and our pitching bottom three based on ERA and walks. Average that out and we are middle of the pack at best.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted we played terrible most of the year, and lost to some teams that did not belong on the field with us, but we are better than a #7 seed in BSC. Win, lose or get rained out, we are 2nd best in BSC in my opinion behind CCU.
0-3 against Presby.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian has been eliminated already

We won 3-0 vs. Radford in the final home series a couple weeks ago...we have not faced Gardner-Webb this year
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]