This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
Nice sweep. I believe they have now qualified for the tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Scott pitched great for 6 innings. Ran out of gas n 7th. I think he allowed 1 hit thru 6 with no walks. Bean came in and could not find the plate.
By oldjock
Registration Days Posts
It was nice to see the catchers calling all the games this series. Speeds up the game and we got good results.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
WestPAGator wrote:Do you notice we win more when Coach Quinn is out of town recruiting?
:roll: We win more when we play bad teams.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Scott pitched great for 6 innings. Ran out of gas n 7th. I think he allowed 1 hit thru 6 with no walks. Bean came in and could not find the plate.
Bean is a total head case right now. It's a shame, because he has potential ML talent physically. Scott did a great job and should get the ball again next weekend. The runs he gave up in the 7th are on Toman. When a kid has thrown as little as Jordan has this year, you have to be prepared with the hook sooner and not throw gasoline on the fire by bringing in Bean.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I cannot figure out Bean. He probably has best "stuff" on the staff, but he has no idea where the strike zone is. The pitching coach should have ironed this out by now.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Seems I remember reading that Bean pitched very well in a summer league last year and had worked out some of his issues. Now he's as bad or worse than he was last season. Sounds once again like coaching, or lack thereof, may be the problem.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Where has Scott been all year ? I have seen guys with higher radar ratings, but he "pitched" as good yesterday as any LU pitcher I have seen this year. He got ahead of the hitters, and changed speeds very well.
By Jonathan Carone
flamehunter wrote:Seems I remember reading that Bean pitched very well in a summer league last year and had worked out some of his issues. Now he's as bad or worse than he was last season. Sounds once again like coaching, or lack thereof, may be the problem.
The root of Parker's issues are all in his mechanics. Then, once he can't get the ball over the plate, he gets in his head and it's all downhill from there. Fix the mechanics and you fix Parker. That's why he's had success in summer ball. I look forward to seeing if his rookie ball coaches can get him turned around.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
He can't repeat his delivery. It's been the same thing since his frosh year. Early on he had success until the word was out that you have to make him throw strikes. He just can't repeat his delivery and throw enough strikes. That's why I don't understand why we make him a reliever. The most important thing a reliever can do is throw strikes. Radford flat out stinks. They've won 14 games all year. I wouldn't assume we've solved much.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know how we ended up playing Radford as non BSC game.

Good thing we not worried about RPI this season.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot figure out Bean. He probably has best "stuff" on the staff, but he has no idea where the strike zone is. The pitching coach should have ironed this out by now.
If our pitching coach actually coached. You guys know that these players get very little in the way of coaching, so Bean's performance should come as no surprise. The players have been out in the community and they are talking about it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Why would coaches not coach ? I would like to think that's in their contract.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Just watched the Pirates beat the Rockies 2-1. Eddie Butler outpitched Gerritt Cole. He was very good his junior year at Radford and went high in the draft (the 46th player taken - 1st round).
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]