This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm prefacing this by saying I've never said anything negative about the LU coaching (that I am aware of :? )

Okay, Morris gets turned around on a long fly that ends up scoring 3 runners that Bean put on and then gets pinch hit for in the 3rd inning!!?? Having been a center-fielder (and a varsity HS coach) I like to think that if it's in the air I'm going to get it. Unfortunately when there is a lot of glare in the sky and the ball is hit like the ODU guy hit it I can see getting turned around. I'm not making excuses but Morris is a freshmen and taking him out comes across as "you screwed up and you have to learn a lesson." Roberts comes in and proceeds to hit into a double play. Roberts is a liability defensively and has never hit in his 3 years here. If the season is not going the way you want it the last thing a coach should do is take it out on a player, especially a freshmen. Rant over.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:I'm prefacing this by saying I've never said anything negative about the LU coaching (that I am aware of :? )

Okay, Morris gets turned around on a long fly that ends up scoring 3 runners that Bean put on and then gets pinch hit for in the 3rd inning!!?? Having been a center-fielder (and a varsity HS coach) I like to think that if it's in the air I'm going to get it. Unfortunately when there is a lot of glare in the sky and the ball is hit like the ODU guy hit it I can see getting turned around. I'm not making excuses but Morris is a freshmen and taking him out comes across as "you screwed up and you have to learn a lesson." Roberts comes in and proceeds to hit into a double play. Roberts is a liability defensively and has never hit in his 3 years here. If the season is not going the way you want it the last thing a coach should do is take it out on a player, especially a freshmen.

The next inning Yacyk makes a running blunder and gets picked off 2nd. I'm thinking take him out if you're going to be consistent.

Rant over.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The guys rally for 4 in the 8th and Herndon closes the door in the 9th for a 7-6 come from behind win.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Nice job boys! Wish we had a bit more of that this year
By flowserve
Registration Days Posts
Great win for the team and fans. LU has a nice article on their website, Carson Herndon was GREAT but there no mention of one pitcher that pitched the first two innings. It was Jordan Scott, when was the last game we saw 3 up and 3 down for two innings (or even the 1st inning) from or starting pitcher. so......... Super GREAT job Jordan.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The pitching has frustrated me the most this year because we have talent on the staff, it was just not properly molded and developed. I think if we had had that kind of performance all year, we probably win 40 games
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]