This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
The boys from Charlottesville are in town tonight. Flames up 2-1 in 3rd
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The sad part is a win and everyone pooh-poohs it and assumes the Cavs are overrated. A loss and the wails of how we can't win a big game persist
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Not at all. A win really does nothing for this year other than its a name win that is good for the program. Post season has been toast for weeks.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bad move bringing in DeGroat . Should save him for weekend.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on May 4th, 2016, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A couple of positives from this game:
we only issued 2 walks (one was intentional) and we did not hit any batters with a pitch.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow. I didn't realize it til reading that, but if we can't get the Flametrain back on the tracks, we are in serious jeopardy of not making the BSC tourney. :shock:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Wow. I didn't realize it til reading that, but if we can't get the Flametrain back on the tracks, we are in serious jeopardy of not making the BSC tourney. :shock:
I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing in the long run. Perhaps it will force some changes that need to be made.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
olldflame wrote:Wow. I didn't realize it til reading that, but if we can't get the Flametrain back on the tracks, we are in serious jeopardy of not making the BSC tourney. :shock:
I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing in the long run. Perhaps it will force some changes that need to be made.
Hopefully.
Wow we are in 8th place now with Coastal & High point still to come. Just top 8 go to tourney??
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Bad move bringing in DeGroat . Should save him for weekend.
He'll be able to come back for the weekend. Probably pitch Sunday. He hadn't worked in a week and a half and neede a little work to stay sharp.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
yea I'm going to apologize ahead of time, Coastal is going to be ticked since my boys swept them. good luck....
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did not realize DeGroat had not pitched in over a week.

He might be our best pitcher right now.
By Jonathan Carone
Popping in to clarify one thing:

Campbell is ineligible for the conference tournament. We only have to finish 9th to make it this year.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
CaroneDesigns wrote:Popping in to clarify one thing:

Campbell is ineligible for the conference tournament. We only have to finish 9th to make it this year.
Yeah - a SuperJon Post!! Welcome back, again... :)
By WestPAGator
Taormina reportedly has a sprained thumb. I'm glad it's not serious for him. But the more pressing point is why hasn't Yacyk been the regular first baseman? He is much more accomplished at that position than Taormina. Toman has been playing with this lineup way too much this year and he still hasn't gotten it right. Morris in RF is another mistake.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]