This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
No time to dwell in the past. Taking on the Tribe today.
A good start for the Flames up 3-0 but we all know we have our issues finishing.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
That didn't take long. WM has tied it at 3 in the 1st and Stafford being pulled after a third of inning.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Can't anyone on this staff throw strikes :dontgetit 1 1/3 inings 7 walks and 4 WPs; at least we haven't hit anybody, yet :|
Last edited by Chippy on April 27th, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
None of these pitchers deserve a scholarship. Straight scrubs. Terrible talent evaluation skills and no development at all from quinn equal what were dealing with. There oughta be a real division in the locker room. If im a hitter im getting in some of these guys faces. Keep degroat mitchell. Maybe clouse. Start over.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Survived 10 more walks. Even Nick Pierce termed the performance of the 1st inning as "embarrassing". Gave up 15 runs in 3 innings (from the last 2 innings from last night and first inning tonight). Back to .500 :cheerleader
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Stafford is a senior so he will be gone. Clinton will be back after the broken leg. Grabowski needs to stay in the field. Quarterley has been famine after feasting early. I'll save my comments on the rest for tomorrow

Good to overcome a bad start for once
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Why can we not pitch.
Entitlement. :roll:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:None of these pitchers deserve a scholarship. Straight scrubs. Terrible talent evaluation skills and no development at all from quinn equal what were dealing with. There oughta be a real division in the locker room. If im a hitter im getting in some of these guys faces. Keep degroat mitchell. Maybe clouse. Start over.
Quinn's seat might be getting a bit warm after this year. I do know the staff is after some pitchers with some serious sense of urgency. Obviously too late to help now, we are done this year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I agree he better. I don't think you can toman but quinn is another story. D1 pitching coaches make adjustments to improve velocity and control all the time. Not happening with us. Either that or wereven recruiting the wrong arms lately that can't adjust.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A pitcher should get first pitch over for a strike. Then you can "set-up" the hitter and make him hit your pitch. If you fall behind 1-0, then hitter can be more selective, and sit on the fast ball in strike zone. If pitcher falls behind in the count, advantage goes to hitter.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Book is out on us. Make us throw strikes.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]