This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This should be interesting game, since both teams are playing bad.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would correct that and say both teams stink. There not playing well, there just not any good.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I think we'll have a whole new pitching staff next year. A lot of these guys had good JUCO numbers but have not been able to pitch D1 baseball. Never seen a whole team not be able to throw strikes. Even Tony LaRussa couldn't manage this group.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hands down the worst pitching staff I've seen at lu. None of them can throw strikes. Can quinn not make any adjustments with these guys???? This is embarrassing.
By WestPAGator
It's the same story. Every. Single. Game.
Toman leaves these late pitchers in too long. He knows his bull pen stinks. Why didn't he leave Bean in a little longer? He was doing fairly well tonight. Why can't Toman come up with a different strategy?
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
and that is a final 11-10 VT. Flames had bases loaded in 8th but couldn't score. Error in 9th lead to the VT winning run...............ugh
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im a known Koolaid man on here (oh yeah!) but Im gonna go on record and say somebody's head needs to roll after this one...maybe not the AD like some espouse, but SOMEBODY'S head needs to be lopped off.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Name one pitcher who has improved as the season has gone on. If you can't, whose fault is it? The players? I don't think so.
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
As Liberty fans, we’ve all experienced loss… However, this one was quite embarrassing! :brownbag
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im a known Koolaid man on here (oh yeah!) but Im gonna go on record and say somebody's head needs to roll after this one...maybe not the AD like some espouse, but SOMEBODY'S head needs to be lopped off.
BJ has joined the jihad :D Sorry couldn't help myself. I thought I stand in for Purple Haize this time.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it's long past time to fire Toman and possibly Barber. Would it be unprecedented to fire the head coach in the middle of the season? I know it happens frequently in the pros, but I don't know how that works at the college level.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Yeah, it's long past time to fire Toman and possibly Barber. Would it be unprecedented to fire the head coach in the middle of the season? I know it happens frequently in the pros, but I don't know how that works at the college level.

we all know that is not going to happen.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Why fire the AD because the pitching staff cannot throw strikes ?

We have one of the best ADs in NCAA. I talked with him last night. If I had known we were going to blow a 8 run lead, I would have said something about our bullpen.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Why fire the AD because the pitching staff cannot throw strikes ?

We have one of the best ADs in NCAA. I talked with him last night. If I had known we were going to blow a 8 run lead, I would have said something about our bullpen.
It's not about one loss. It's about institutional complacency. The athletics program has been stagnant for several years now. Liberty has all the resources and facilities at its disposal, yet they can never seem to make adequate progress. We'll just have to agree to disagree about how good JB is at his job.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Yeah, it's long past time to fire Toman and possibly Barber. Would it be unprecedented to fire the head coach in the middle of the season? I know it happens frequently in the pros, but I don't know how that works at the college level.

we all know that is not going to happen.
Which is why I mentioned Barber.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We just need to recruit 2 or 3 more playmakers in each sport. Which I think can be done. With our new facilities and the full cost of attendance (or whatever it's called) being paid in the future, I think our recruiting will improve. We are "2 players away" in every sport.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
According to Damien in the game wrap, Cole is having some forearm tightness so they have been resting him.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
BJWilliams wrote:According to Damien in the game wrap, Cole is having some forearm tightness so they have been resting him.
?? BJ, i said that 3 days ago directly under where you asked "where's Cole and paging Damien"
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
newoldschool17 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:According to Damien in the game wrap, Cole is having some forearm tightness so they have been resting him.
?? BJ, i said that 3 days ago directly under where you asked "where's Cole and paging Damien"
But did you pick up the red courtesy phone to answer that?If not it doesn't count for BJ.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]