This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just missed it flamehunter...lay off
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If we don't move in a new direction with the baseball program at the end of the year then I will really begin to question Barber's leadership. The lack of growth success wise Department wide is somewhat alarming but I feel good about where we stand in most areas but if he can't make the hard decisions and move on from a friend who clearly is not getting the job done. I understand it is hard because Barber and Toman are so close but unfortunately that is what has to happen sometimes to take that next step.

I don't like seeing people get fired but it is time to move on...
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I just missed it flamehunter...lay off
Seriously? You need to grow some thicker skin dude. All the crap you give ballcoach (and others) and you can't take a little good natured ribbing?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Seriously? You need to grow some thicker skin dude. All the crap you give ballcoach (and others) and you can't take a little good natured ribbing?
That isn't a real question is it?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If we don't move in a new direction with the baseball program at the end of the year then I will really begin to question Barber's leadership. The lack of growth success wise Department wide is somewhat alarming but I feel good about where we stand in most areas but if he can't make the hard decisions and move on from a friend who clearly is not getting the job done. I understand it is hard because Barber and Toman are so close but unfortunately that is what has to happen sometimes to take that next step.

I don't like seeing people get fired but it is time to move on...
He did it with Layer, but only after a lot more losing and having set him up with a golden parachute in the form of that 4 year extension a couple of years prior. I'm disappointed in the last 2 baseball seasons, but let's not forget they were preceeded by 2 straight NCAA bids. IMHO Toman deserves at least another year to right the ship before a change is in order.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
That isn't a real question is it?
No but it needed to be said for documentation purposes.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im fine with good natured ribbing. I guess it just didn't come across that way when I read it since I didn't catch it until now...and it doesnt help that Im sick this week and dealing with more personal drama either
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]