This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just missed it flamehunter...lay off
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If we don't move in a new direction with the baseball program at the end of the year then I will really begin to question Barber's leadership. The lack of growth success wise Department wide is somewhat alarming but I feel good about where we stand in most areas but if he can't make the hard decisions and move on from a friend who clearly is not getting the job done. I understand it is hard because Barber and Toman are so close but unfortunately that is what has to happen sometimes to take that next step.

I don't like seeing people get fired but it is time to move on...
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I just missed it flamehunter...lay off
Seriously? You need to grow some thicker skin dude. All the crap you give ballcoach (and others) and you can't take a little good natured ribbing?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Seriously? You need to grow some thicker skin dude. All the crap you give ballcoach (and others) and you can't take a little good natured ribbing?
That isn't a real question is it?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If we don't move in a new direction with the baseball program at the end of the year then I will really begin to question Barber's leadership. The lack of growth success wise Department wide is somewhat alarming but I feel good about where we stand in most areas but if he can't make the hard decisions and move on from a friend who clearly is not getting the job done. I understand it is hard because Barber and Toman are so close but unfortunately that is what has to happen sometimes to take that next step.

I don't like seeing people get fired but it is time to move on...
He did it with Layer, but only after a lot more losing and having set him up with a golden parachute in the form of that 4 year extension a couple of years prior. I'm disappointed in the last 2 baseball seasons, but let's not forget they were preceeded by 2 straight NCAA bids. IMHO Toman deserves at least another year to right the ship before a change is in order.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
That isn't a real question is it?
No but it needed to be said for documentation purposes.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im fine with good natured ribbing. I guess it just didn't come across that way when I read it since I didn't catch it until now...and it doesnt help that Im sick this week and dealing with more personal drama either
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]