This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I guess everyone has lost interest in the team - crickets!
By youngflamer
Yes, there is little interest when the whole athletic program underproduces. Jeff Barber has got to go. It has been this way since his arrival on the Mountain. We can just be thankful he hasn't fired Tolsma and Green. The ones he has brought in are
no better than Division II coaches. The football and basketball coaches were fired at their previous jobs as head coaches.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Campbell wins 2-1...hence the crickets. I feel like this is the worst season we've had in a while so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynchburg College couldn't take a game in a series against us. Oh well, what do I know.

That being said, I think youngflamer is a wacko! He actually thinks RMK was fired from his last head coach position.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Losing to Campbell may be worst than if we lost to LC. We should never lose to Camels in any sport.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Tonight's on the offense. Cole absolutely shoved it outside of the two hits. I seriously hope that they aren't reading the board this year because it sounds like everybody is giving up on the season. This is a frustrating bunch but I'm gonna keep wearing my red on Saturdays and support this team until the last out is recorded of the season
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Toman pre season "this is probably the deepest team weve had". Very few injuries to blame it on.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps he mistook equality of talent from top to bottom for depth. Or there is some serious underachievement going on.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
One inning we had bases loaded and other with 2 on, both times AY and Britt strike out. These Jrs & Srs. need to be coming through more than they have been. It wasn't just last night but game after game we have issues leaving guys on base. 10 LOB last night.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall not long ago we were ranked in Top 25. Since then we have been going backwards. We went into a late season slump that year. We are still in the slump.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I seem to recall not long ago we were ranked in Top 25. Since then we have been going backwards. We went into a late season slump that year. We are still in the slump.
That's true. The hitting at that point until this year was pretty bad. This year we have had enough offense to have won a lot more games but this year especially, the pitching has been poor at best though the starters have been mostly decent and keep us in the game.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its not a good team. Artis cole and quarterly have been the only guys you can rely on.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I restrained from posting this in the previous game threads... I can't any more. oh for the love of all that is good and right with the world would you just stop beej? our baseball team is very talented yes. its also poorly coached. it has been that way since day 1 of the Toman era. Toman has always been a great recruiter and because of that he has been able to keep his job (at least that is the only reason I can think of). When I have ACC schools coaches and staff coming up to me when they hear I went to Liberty the first word out of their mouths are how great the facilities are. we have a better baseball facility than 75% of the ACC. THAT alone should have us up with the likes of College of Charleston, Dallas baptist Missouri State etc as perennial Mid major powerhouse teams year in and year out. We cannot constantly lose games to teams like Winthrop, CSU and Campbell. we are 123 in the current RPI. our projected RPI is 120. we are 123 in SOS. We aren't even close to sniffing an at large bid with that. in fact we could win out the regular season. lose in the championship game of the BS tourney(fitting name) and STILL not come close to consideration.
I get that you want to be all RAH RAH for Liberty and that is great. that is your choice. but don't sit here and act like you are the better fan because the "doom Squad/Dark Side" don't have nice things to say. we are entitled to our opinions just as you are yours. and I think our consensus opinion as that something needs to be done because the product that is being put out on that beautiful baseball field is sub-par. and based off of stuff I've heard at least 2 of our better players are probably transferring at the end of the year. so its not looking to get any better...So better luck next year? /Rant
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I will say on the record FFG that I do think a change will probably be necessary the way things are going this year, but I only say that because Toman probably will have his number up for contract renewal. Im as rah-rah as they come I will agree, but even I have to shake my head at some of the things I've seen this year and the past couple years since we won the Big South in our stadium, because I know, and Im sure you and the rest of the "doom squad" will agree that we are and should be better than this. If Im the coach, the first thing I need to do is step into my office and take a long hard look in the mirror because youre right...it starts with the coaching. Anyway, like I said, as frustrated as I am, Im still wearing my red today and hoping for a better result than last night.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames lead 1-0 in the 7th...both starters absolutely shoving it for the second consecutive game. Yost and Mitchell with matching 2 hitters right now
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:I guess everyone has lost interest in the team - crickets!

Loss #2 to Campbell. That has an affect on interest level.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Toman pre season "this is probably the deepest team weve had". Very few injuries to blame it on.

1. Toman is an idiot and doesn't know anything about talent. He should be fired immediately or resign and go back to coaching little league where he belongs.
2. This team is not very good at all and way overrated....I said that at the beginning of the season.....and they are very poorly coached in all areas.
3. BJ; you keep pulling for your team....but you need to take off those rose colored glasses and see what everybody else sees; and call it like it should be.....they suck!!
4. But you have a nice stadium!! :lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If I'm AD, I give Toman til the day after they return from the last game of the season, then he's gone

That'll make trott happy I'm sure.. but another outstanding pitching effort wasted...unacceptable
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Losing to Campbell is bad. 2 runs in 18 innings against a lower tier team. One would think we could manufacture a couple runs a game.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sorry guys, Toman isn't going anywhere, unless he wants to. Hate on.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:If I'm AD, I give Toman til the day after they return from the last game of the season, then he's gone

That'll make trott happy I'm sure.. but another outstanding pitching effort wasted...unacceptable
There is a good reason you aren't the AD Beej. This is just another excellent example of why.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have a hunch you are right flameshaw.

We stopped winning overnight. Maybe we can start winning overnight.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We win the final game 3-0. Dodged a bullet in the 9th, but a much needed win.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Sorry guys, Toman isn't going anywhere, unless he wants to. Hate on.
Why?

I don't ask that to be a jerk. I honestly want to know why you believe he is untouchable.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Sorry guys, Toman isn't going anywhere, unless he wants to. Hate on.
Why?

I don't ask that to be a jerk. I honestly want to know why you believe he is untouchable.
He is not untouchable forever, but the results from this year won't be what gets him. A couple more years of less than stellar results and he could be in trouble. We lost a lot of talent last year and the players have just not executed this year like projected, especially the pitching. Toman doesn't make many mistakes when it comes to X's and O's, it is not a very easy job. When you recruit real good players, you usually only get 2 years out of them. There are a lot of things that make baseball recruiting much harder than most sports. We had a guy locked up for next year, who was the real deal, big left-hander. But he has played so well in his senior year in high school, he is going to be a high round draft pick and will make a million plus in signing money, that is hard to compete with. That is not really an excuse, just reality. Everyone knows it going in. You just can't have an off year in recruiting at our level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]