This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty explodes for 5 in the 7th and wins 10-2
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
and...*crickets*
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood is ahead of us in the rpi. Please be quiet bj.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
No...for as much as you rip on them, and are chief member of the doom squad, would it kill you to offer at least a little congrats when they actually do it right?
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
BullPen, seems to be blowing it once again.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hard to say because we have 4 errors on the day as well, two of them in the outfield
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
Either way, I can't say I feel comfortable anytime we go to the pen.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bj please congratulate them. Another fine performance against a garbage opponent. Pathetic hitting in the 8th there.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You congratulate when you do something good my sarcastic friend...this is regrettable. Bases loaded and no outs and you go pop up and double play...smh. This game has been a death of a thousand paper cuts. Three of the hits today have been for extra bases...three! Add to that the 4 errors I mentioned a couple posts ago and this has been a headache inducing performance today. Id call it aneurysm inducing but I lost my grandmother to one of those.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty loses 6-1...pardon me while I go look for some Tylenol and Pepto after following this one
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Fact is we just are not a very good team this year. Accept that and these losses won't hurt your gut quite so much.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That's 2 years in a row is the problem.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am slowly losing hope that we make NCAA tournament this season.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I don't think we make the NCAA's this year, not enough pitching to win the BSC. Out hitting is inconsistent at best. Embarrassing to lose to CSU, but you don't win many games when you only get 3 hits. Obviously bad coaching. :>)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
And now they lead 8-3 today...good job with the offense and a decent day for the pitching so far but oy...where is my Excedrin...
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I think the Flames have found the secret to success. Score 9 runs a game and bring in Quarterly in the 9th to save the game :P
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not pretty but a good win none the less. DJ Artis is the real deal, the team had a few clutch hits today.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Quarterley needs to be our full time closer
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the pitching staff can get it together come tournament time.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
DJ Artis is definitely the real deal. Great tablesetter at the top of the order with his speed, something we have really lacked the last few years I think
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to jump in here and clarify something beej. We aren't the doom squad. we are the Dark Side. :flamingdevil

as for the baseball team, yea I got nothing. I've watched several games this year while waiting for my games to start. Lets just say its night and day the level of play. Liberty is an ok to good Mid Major in Baseball when they want to be. but they are not nearly as good as they have been in recent years and its showing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I find the doom squad and the Dark Side to be two separate groups with distinct methodologies and focuses. Anyway, this team makes me shake my head. To go from scoring 22 runs over Virginia Tech and then not score 22 runs total until the 3rd inning of the UNCA game...it boggles the mind...even for the staunchest Kool-Aid drinker
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
VT lost 16 straight games. There garbage. Look at our road record the last 2 years. There's the problem. Of course I believe the talent level is way down as well but we're 2 and 9 on the road this year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]