This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By WestPAGator
I think Toman should bring the Bull pen in to start the games for the first few innings and then bring the starters in to finish it. We can't EVER hold a lead!
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I agree or maybe go to Quarterly first.

up 4-1 in 8th and surprise tied at 4 now. We did have bases loaded in 8th but failed to score. Another surprise.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
LU wins on the Yacyk double. Nice to end this losing streak. I agree that the bullpen has been a real problem this year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yes, LU scores a 5-4 win over a Big10 school.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Good game except for the top of the 8th. Three walks and a wild pitch lets MD tie the game. Nice comeback in the 9th to win it with a walk off. Herndon had a good outing for a change (except for the first inning). Good win.
Last edited by flameshaw on April 6th, 2016, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Quarterley could probably handle a five or six out save occasionally. If he is gonna get looks from pro scouts as a reliever, I wouldn't mind putting him out there in the 8th.
Last edited by BJWilliams on April 6th, 2016, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Quarterley could probably handle a five or six out dave occasionally. If he is gonna get looks from pro scouts as a reliever, I wouldn't mind putting him out there in the 8th.
I am not sure he is going to get any looks until he fixes his delivery. He throws mostly with his arm and not much with his legs. Guys like that, usually don't last too long. Frankly, I am amazed he is doing as well as he is. He did get lit up at the Duke game, but other than that, he has had very good outings. He does need a lot of work with his mechanics and as long as he is performing well, I don't suspect there will be enough reason to start messing with the way he throws now.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Yes, LU scores a 5-4 win over a Big10 school.
Still feels weird to say Maryland is in the B1G now...but a win is a win and any win over a P5 school is a good thing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Quarterley could probably handle a five or six out dave occasionally. If he is gonna get looks from pro scouts as a reliever, I wouldn't mind putting him out there in the 8th.
I am not sure he is going to get any looks until he fixes his delivery. He throws mostly with his arm and not much with his legs. Guys like that, usually don't last too long. Frankly, I am amazed he is doing as well as he is. He did get lit up at the Duke game, but other than that, he has had very good outings. He does need a lot of work with his mechanics and as long as he is performing well, I don't suspect there will be enough reason to start messing with the way he throws now.
If this guy can make it to the show:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

I think Quarterley can make his way up the ladder as well. Im sure whatever organization that picks him up will work with him to keep his arm sound.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sure, it's a funky windup, but Gant uses his legs to power his pitches. Apples to oranges.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]