This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
LU made things interesting in the ninth but fell a little short 10-9. Going through a tough stretch with these last 5 games but we should be OK.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure if it more frustrating to lose a game like this or blow a lead in the 9th. How many 1 run games have we lost already this year?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:I am not sure if it more frustrating to lose a game like this or blow a lead in the 9th. How many 1 run games have we lost already this year?
6...Currently have a 2-6 record in one run games...I hate losing in general but Id find losing the way we did today more frustrating.

What's also frustrating is that DeGroat had an outstanding start and Letchworth and Helsel kept them off the board, but the three in the middle (Gamble, Evans and Simpson) allowed the last 8 runs. While I do not share in jinxy's doomsday attitude, I do find it upsetting that we are not getting consistent production from the middle relievers on the roster. Those are the guys that we will need to really get their collective rears in gear with conference play kicking off this weekend.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Eventually we have to start winning games like this. A win over MD would have been huge help on RPI. Once again we lost a game we should have won. Pitching seems to be good at times, but at other times it's like slow pitch softball.

For the record, I pitched a 4 hit shut-out once against a good hitting Army team in Germany.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just saw the Box Score of Maryland game. Our relief pitching was worse than I thought it was. Once DeGroat came out, Maryland went to work with the bats.
By WestPAGator
Toman better find some better middle relievers in his posse. I have no confidence in the guys he's been bringing in to pitch. On a positive note, our hitters are doing a good job!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]