This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I looked up the rule, and the umpire was right. The base path is literally the width of the bag. See the diagram on page 76.

http://www.usabaseball.com/documents/7/ ... ojpzr8.pdf
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FWIW, it was still a bush call to end the game. It wasn't flagrant. I bet you could make that call T least 80% of the time if the base path is literally the width of the bag. Kinda like holding in football. You could call it every play, but it is mostly called in just flagrant situations. You have to let the players determine the outcome of the game. Rant over. :)
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I guess game is still on for Sunday. Really need to win if we play tomorrow. Can not afford to lose 3 this weekend.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For the record, the bases are only 15 inches wide (I'm guessing most players over 200 pounds are wider than the base).

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35657 ... ball-base/
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We jump off to a 3-0 lead on a manufactured run by Artis and a 2 run blast by Yacyk. Bean has given up 1 hit and, more important for him, NO WALKS in. 2 innings.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Not-so-good inning. Tied 4-4 in 6th.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Herndon gives it away in the ninth. Starts off the inning, hitting the #9 hitter, can't field a bunt and then throws a pitch, meant to be an intentional ball to the backstop. The ball wasn't within 10 feet of the catcher from 60 ft away. Lose the series 1 game to 3. We give one away and had one taken from us by a bad call to end the game. KS is a good team and will be in the postseason. Hopefully we can right the ship come conference play.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Well, I can never tell if Liberty baseball is any good or if we stink. One thing is clear- Kent St. is better than we are.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Herndon needs to be put back in the starting rotation - Mitchell, Cole, Herndon and Bean and hopefully we can get 1-2 reliable relievers - Quarterly and . . . .
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We certainly gave this one away. K State is good but we could have easily won 3 of 4.
By youngflamer
We can't beat the good teams when we have a hit by pitch, error and wild pitch in a one run game in the ninth.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
While it sucks to see the 1st game end that way, I have to say we've seen similar things before that have actually gone our way. A year or two ago I attended an LU game where we won on a balk. I think it was against JMU, though I could be wrong.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]