This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Elon beat a good ECU team mid-week last week. Need a clean game. Looking for Murphy to give us a good 6-7 innings. Pitches to contact so he'll give up some hits. But as long as he scatters them & limits walks he should do fine.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
After almost 4 complete, we are down 7-1. Most of Elon's runs have come with 2 outs. We have the bases loaded with no outs in the 1st and don't score. The BB also comes back to haunt us again. Have a lot of work to do to be good this year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just got a message that my youngest son is in the hospital so us getting pounded is the least of my worries.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I just got a message that my youngest son is in the hospital so us getting pounded is the least of my worries.
Sorry about this news and hope he's okay. That said, should you be posting in a game thread at a time like that?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I thought about it but my heart wouldn't be in it because I'm thinking about him
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ok first off my son is stable and could be released today. Looks like he had a bit of a virus and is doing better.

Second, Murphy, who started yesterday...has NEVER STARTED IN HIS CAREER! He has been a reliever who comes in in the middle to late innings. This was not a good call to start him I think. That doesn't mean the pitching is still not good, just that Storm missed on this call with the starter I think.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need to identify the 3 weekend starters, the mid-week starter, the set-up long relief man and the closer. We cannot wait until May to do this. We need to rattle off about 10 wins in a row.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll largely ignore your mindlessly unrealistic pronouncement and say that we probably need 2 maybe 3 guys who can start midweek, but we definitely need to define our weekend rotation and maybe have a couple guys who can step in in case God forbid someone gets injured
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bottom line is we need to beat teams like Elon, even if pitcher throw it up there underhanded. Those are type defeats that will haunt us later..
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]