This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Good to win 2 of 3 on the weekend. We gave one away. Let's win one against the Phoenix on Tuesday. Great to hear N Price and Sid on the radio today, did an excellent job.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not a word of congratulations jinxy? Yeah they gave up two runs there late but they got the job done and won the series which is the important part.

I mean if you want to disagree and criticize when things are going poorly at least try to temper that with some congratulations when they win (even if it does get a tad adventurous)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Why because we barely squeaked by and almost blew another multi run late inning lead. The problem isn't fixed. Had we have just won 2 or 3 of these blown games we would probably be in ther top 25. If we miss regional later you will see why these losses mattered. The conference isn't as strong this year as Radford is off to a 2 and 9 start. GWebb has a good record but they have played one of the worst schedules in d1. They can win 45 with their schedule and won't snoff post season action.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades (and I think cornhole) jinxy. We won that is what matters. You can win 17-0 or 1-0 with a runner on third in the 9th,but as long as (and this is Captain Obvious I know) you have 1 more run than the other team when the 27th out is recorded (or walked off if we are the home team), that is what matters. If youre going to be disappointed when we lose, at least offer congrats when they win. No need to play armchair baseball manager/coach every game and pick only at the negatives
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Duh. I want to see us host a regional with this incredible facility we have. We appear to have the talent and depth this year but the bullpen is holding us back. I wonder if we can try Herndon at the back end. It looks like Cole Mitchell and clouse could be our weekend starters and Murphy our mid week guy. That leaves Stafford Herndon and bean to fill the other starter spot that we have occasionally. We just need about 3 guys to step up and solid the back end of the bullpen. Hopefully bythe shear law of averages were due a few saves.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With the number of pitchers on roster we should be able to find a closer and a set-up man.

Sid Bream did excellent job on radio. I wish he on coaching staff. Good baseball mind.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:With the number of pitchers on roster we should be able to find a closer and a set-up man.

Sid Bream did excellent job on radio. I wish he on coaching staff. Good baseball mind.
Call me crazy, but I don't think Sid cares for Toman.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Way toó much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over a team that is 7-5 against a solid scbedu!e with the 5 losses by a total of 6 runs. Lots of baseball to be played guys.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Everybody does though ballcoach. Even the top teams with only 5 or 6 losses come regional time have a loss in there that makes you scratch your head.

Im not saying we only lose a couple more games this year, i'm just saying that its not uncommon and reason to give up on the season or whatever histrionics are being exercised

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]