This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:That is a poor poor finish. Horrific at bats from stroosma and Allen in the 9th. Another game choked away. This program just isn't ready for the next step unfortunately.
Paxil ? :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
jinxy wrote:That is a poor poor finish. Horrific at bats from stroosma and Allen in the 9th. Another game choked away. This program just isn't ready for the next step unfortunately.
Paxil ? :roll:
I would prescribe something stronger. Maybe seroquel or zyprexa.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hahaha I love it. I take that as a compliment from you 2 windbags. Ive said it for a while. We're good but not great. Results prove it no matter what you 2 want to look at. That being said this program is still light years ahead of football and basketball. Flamepop, I agree. I thoughthink toman had a pretty good weekend other than his continued use of stroosma.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Hahaha I love it. I take that as a compliment from you 2 windbags. Ive said it for a while. We're good but not great. Results prove it no matter what you 2 want to look at. That being said this program is still light years ahead of football and basketball. Flamepop, I agree. I thoughthink toman had a pretty good weekend other than his continued use of stroosma.
Stroosma played only because Taorimina was a late scratch with a quad injury.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:2 outs. 0-2 count. Very bad location or pitch call or both.Anyone know what pitch he crushed ?
I think he threw what was referred to in "my day" was a gopher (go far) ball :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Whatever he threw , it should have been a pitch down and out of strike zone. Heck when I pitched slow pitch softball, I never gave up a homer on an 0-2 pitch. When a pitcher has batter 0-2, he should NEVER give up a HR,
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I know Sammy had a quad. There are other outfielders on the bench besides stroosma is my point. It's nothing personal Im just not impressed with guys like stroosma Paxton and lacik who received tons of playing time the last few years and none of them could hit 250. Not a trace of power either. It's not one loss to osu that makes me say that. It's just the way we give up games. I was thinking back and it would have been nice to see Murphy pitching late. Murphy and quarterly would be my late inning guys.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My guess is the pitch just missed whatever it was...and the hitter made him pay dearly

As for jinxy...he is taking over the role that SJ played for the most part before he ran back to CoastalFans so I don't think drugs will fix that
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
You guys are crazy. I like toman. He is the most proven coach we have right now. That doesn't mean I agree with every move he makes. Sj wanted toman gone. I have never said that.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]