This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SixPounders
USF had the number 9 ranked recruiting class in the country this past year. Projected 4th or 5th in what should be a good AAC this year. League projected to get 3-4 teams in post season (Houston, Tulane, ECU, and either USF or UConn). Got a couple of very talented outfielders. Nice test to start season vs a team that has certainly been outdoors a lot more than us. And on grass. Took us a couple of weekends, each of the last 2 years, to make the adjustment to grass. Then it was a non-issue the rest of year..Ready to get this going. Be interesting to see if we go with a "Power Righty" rotation to start season, or run 2 left-handers out there on Saturday and Sunday.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flames Nation News wrote:This weekend's starters:
Fri - Carson Herndon
Sat - Victor Cole
Sun - Michael Stafford
Toman said he was going with experienced starters to start with, but I think he likes a couple of the young arms a lot. Interesting choice of Stafford over Bean. I wonder of that means he is looking at Parker as a closer
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Flames Nation News wrote:This weekend's starters:
Fri - Carson Herndon
Sat - Victor Cole
Sun - Michael Stafford
Toman said he was going with experienced starters to start with, but I think he likes a couple of the young arms a lot. Interesting choice of Stafford over Bean. I wonder of that means he is looking at Parker as a closer

Or midweek starter!?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I really think Bean would be a better fit as midweek starter than closer. He had a really bad time last year finding the strike zone and he doesn't have an "out pitch" or weird delivery that effective closers have.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I heard tonight that one of our pitchers suffered a broken leg today. I don't know any facts thus I refrain from saying who.

But I hope I was given false information.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We better have yacyk hits 20 this year. Not sure anyone else will more than 3 or 4.
Last edited by jinxy on February 19th, 2016, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LUDad
Purchased the feed. No HD. Poor camera work. Cameras slow to pickup the ball.

Lots of USF's hits seem to have eyes, going through the infield on the ground.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:We better have yacyk hits 20 this year. Not sure anyone else will more than 3 or 4.
\He has 2 tonight Flames take lead in 9th 10-9
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]