This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Probably sitting at home reading the game recap and relishing in seeing the doom birds still flourishing in his absence
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
The "doom birds" as you call them have a point. From D1baseball.com :
Dishonorable Mentions
– Liberty leaves Andrew Yacyk high and dry.
Liberty DH Andrew Yacyk did his part… in spades. The Flames slugger blasted two home runs and accounted for six RBIs in their game with South Florida. In fact, his second dinger put the Flames ahead 9-8 in the top of the 9th inning. Then his teammates went out and allowed two runs in the bottom of the frame as USF rallied for the jog-off 11-10 win.
http://www.d1baseball.com/at-the-ballpa ... ngday2016/
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
After 1 game though? I mean I'm disappointed that we lost and the way we lost, but it's 1 game. Now if we are at game 21 or 31 I can understand it a bit more but not 1.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The problem is this. Its the first game of the year. Guys are not stretched out. If you going to leave them in you pull the pitcher when he gets one on if not then definetely 2 on. Its crazy to ask a kid making his first appearance of the season to be perfect. Toman just flat put sticks with guys too long.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:After 1 game though? I mean I'm disappointed that we lost and the way we lost, but it's 1 game. Now if we are at game 21 or 31 I can understand it a bit more but not 1.
The same old problems with managing games cropped up in game 1 it's not exactly what I wanted. It has nothing to do with the loss.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Lose the first game 11-10 and it is the coaches fault? Sheesh. If we would have won the game, I am sure none of the haters would be here saying the coach did a great job. Some people just don't understand the game, flunked Little League or just hate the coach (probably all 3).
I wanted Toman dismissed a few years ago, (due more to things not specifically related to coaching baseball) but he has been doing a better job lately and squared away some personal issues. He deserves another opportunity. He is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Might as well get used to it. :)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I will be the first to admit that once I've made up my mind on someone I have a hard time,believing things can be different with someone. That is where I stand with Toman and I realize I am probably overly critical of him.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Come on flameshaw wake up. I have to state this every year. I am not a toman hater. If you want to rank the major sports he's been the most successful hands down. I just think his continued mishandling of the bullpen is holding us back from reaching new heights. He made an adjustment yesterday and we got the dub. Doesn't always work that way but this early you can't push guys too far. Bring on the fresh arm and give them an opportunity before the bases get loaded. That simple especially when we don't have a perritt at the end.
By LUDad
Lack of production from behind the plate has hurt today. Need to shore up fielding in outfield. Like to see Yacyk back at DH. Like to see more of Kowlao at 2nd.
By WestPAGator
LUDad wrote:Lack of production from behind the plate has hurt today. Need to shore up fielding in outfield. Like to see Yacyk back at DH. Like to see more of Kowlao at 2nd.

Yacyk needs to play first base, which is the position he is most talented playing. A left handed first baseman would help.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]