This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

BJ, you are correct. I not like it, but Lexington, SC is better than having it at some rinky dink BSC school's home field in the Carolinas. Where is Lexington, SC located ?

Note: The tournament should be held at LU.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
I think this is a bad idea, because it is so far south and a long drive for the teams and fans from VA and NC. I think they could have found something in NC that is more in the center of the conference.
I know it's a new stadium and it's probably nice; but I believe this field is built for wood bat teams. Teams using medal bats in this small field(Right 302ft..Left 318ft) it will be a hitters delight and a pitchers nightmare.
Question? Why does it always seem that right field is always shorter than left field? Lefties always have a big advantage most of the time.
Looks as if BSC wanted to give advantage to SC teams.
I wonder if they even looked at any other location. Greensboro has a nice stadium.
That place below Columbia sounds more suited for slow pitch softball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Looks as if BSC wanted to give advantage to SC teams.
I wonder if they even looked at any other location. Greensboro has a nice stadium.
That place below Columbia sounds more suited for slow pitch softball.
I'm no more a fan of KK than anyone, but there is no conspiracy here. They looked at their options and decided this was the best available. The stadium dimensions are based on several iconic MLB Parks, so I find the slow pitch reference laughable. The ideal geographic location would probable be in the Charlotte área, and with BSC HQ there, you can bet they looked there first.
If that was their best option I would hate to see the ones that "missed the cut".

In softball, originally the tournament was scheduled for Longwood. Then for some unknown reason they moved it to Wintrop. I guess they realized Longwood was in Virginia and Wintrop in South Carolina.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If that was their best option I would hate to see the ones that "missed the cut".

In softball, originally the tournament was scheduled for Longwood. Then for some unknown reason they moved it to Wintrop. I guess they realized Longwood was in Virginia and Wintrop in South Carolina.
Smh...really ballcoach? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You appparently haven't figured out ballcoach, that the BSC has only 3 schools in. VA and 4 each in SC and NC. Farmville was not a good !ocationn for a tourney. Rock Hill is about as close as you can get to the geographic center of the BSC footprint. Most of us move away from the idea that all decisions should be made based soley on what is best for us at about age 6. Not all apparently.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]