This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
huntandfish wrote:Wow. Not sure how the firing of Toman got into my tread. He can sign whomever he want's. I'm just saying he needs to connect with some of the top Christian schools esp in the south.
Why would we not fire a coach that is "supposedly" passing on believers that are ACC & SEC caliber talent?

Here is what was said...

huntandfish: "I just wish I saw my teammates sending their guys to LU and not ACC and SEC schools."

LUDAD: "Is it really realistic to think that we would even be in contention for any of these guys being recruited by ACC & SEC schools?"

huntandfish: "Yes and I know this for a fact. If the ACC and SEC guys are getting the kids that are believers think about what it would be like to sell the fact that they can go to a Christian college with all the "stuff" LU has."
By huntandfish
Registration Days Posts
First of all it's not the charge of the coach to bring in all believers they just have to agree to follow the Liberty Way. Now my point in a nut shell is why would the staff not target kids that understand what they are getting into? Kids that can play in the SEC,ACC ,C-USA ETC.. And the question should not be why would Christian kids come to LU and not a ACC or SEC school it should be why would they not come to LU. The school has everything including the continued teaching from a Christian world view. I just think they are missing on some kids that would come to LU once on campus. But thats just me and LU Dad might have a better idea he is a LU Dad and I'm just a LU alum. Coach Worthington did OK getting Christian kids. Not all were but that's what he targeted. Remember the days of hey so and so you saved? Good times and what a great man of faith. I still struggle with walking in the grass and not on the sidewalk.
By LUDad
huntandfish wrote:First of all it's not the charge of the coach to bring in all believers they just have to agree to follow the Liberty Way. Now my point in a nut shell is why would the staff not target kids that understand what they are getting into? Kids that can play in the SEC,ACC ,C-USA ETC.. And the question should not be why would Christian kids come to LU and not a ACC or SEC school it should be why would they not come to LU. The school has everything including the continued teaching from a Christian world view. I just think they are missing on some kids that would come to LU once on campus. But thats just me and LU Dad might have a better idea he is a LU Dad and I'm just a LU alum. Coach Worthington did OK getting Christian kids. Not all were but that's what he targeted. Remember the days of hey so and so you saved? Good times and what a great man of faith. I still struggle with walking in the grass and not on the sidewalk.
I believe Coach Toman accepts your apology.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
huntandfish wrote:First of all it's not the charge of the coach to bring in all believers they just have to agree to follow the Liberty Way. Now my point in a nut shell is why would the staff not target kids that understand what they are getting into? Kids that can play in the SEC,ACC ,C-USA ETC.. And the question should not be why would Christian kids come to LU and not a ACC or SEC school it should be why would they not come to LU. The school has everything including the continued teaching from a Christian world view. I just think they are missing on some kids that would come to LU once on campus. But thats just me and LU Dad might have a better idea he is a LU Dad and I'm just a LU alum. Coach Worthington did OK getting Christian kids. Not all were but that's what he targeted. Remember the days of hey so and so you saved? Good times and what a great man of faith. I still struggle with walking in the grass and not on the sidewalk.
In other words, it is an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just not their own facts.
I am as big a fan of Coach Worthington as anyone in the world, great guy/coach etc. Because Toman doesn't have the same recruiting style, doesn't mean he is doing it wrong.
I know for a fact that Toman has personally contacted kids who have SEC, ACC, PAC12 abilities. He cannot recruit every kid that is recommended to him by a former alum. First of all, he has soooo many kids recommended. Many of them are not D1 or LU material, we may have enough depth at a particular position already, etc. I know we are going to miss out on a very good left-handed pitcher, who is a strong Christian, because he is going to be drafted high enough to get a $1million signing bonus. This kid was recommended by a former alum and was contacted less than 24 hours after the initial recommendation.
I could go on, but I am done for right now, need to take a nap. :)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]