This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:... and not one single Texan. This needs to be remedied.
I predict our best season ever! :)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts

But 11 Virginians including quite a few from the local area (bet that would make ballcoach happy)

My thing is, how many of those kids make it out of fall ball and are on the roster come the spring?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:

But 11 Virginians including quite a few from the local area (bet that would make ballcoach happy)

My thing is, how many of those kids make it out of fall ball and are on the roster come the spring?
Depends on how many we can get to meet Tommy John.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Shouldn't be too hard. I think he lives in Charlotte.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Finally got a chance to research it a bit and it looks really promising on paper. We could have an incredible 5 man rotation with Cole bean Herndon Stafford and evan Mitchell who was the juCo pitcher of the year. I still think we may even look at Herndon at closer. We have a transfer reliever from Boston College who had a sub 2 era in 22 innings last year. Dj artis is probably you leadoff hitter since he turned down the red sox offer. Shepherd taormina britt and yacyk is a solid returning foundation. There are a ton of jucos and I'd be shocked if we don't find atleast a couple that won't produce. The other positive is that we didn't lose any real contributors that were underclassmen. Perry Salisbury kimble and Blaylock are the only guys I noticed and none of them had proven anything. Looks li
ke a promising year if we can get bean and Herndon straight.
Last edited by jinxy on September 16th, 2015, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully we will have a good year. It seems like we have picked up some good players. It is a shame that we don't develop players though. :roll:
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]