This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Adam is sticking up for bj? Has the world ended?
i just started pricing snowblowers
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't think he is sticking up for me per se, but more making a further point. Anyway, to our friend, rule #1:in a public forum whether in person or online: establish your credibility.
Last edited by BJWilliams on August 25th, 2015, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
Make sure to send one to the Texan, with instructions on how to use it.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
I don't think he is sticking up for me per se, but more making a further point. Anyway, to our friend, rule #1:in a public forum whether in person or online: establish your credibility.
Precisely.
By LibertyBall Fan00
ATrain wrote:
PAmedic wrote:
Make sure to send one to the Texan, with instructions on how to use it.
I'm positive I'm more creditable than any of you in here. You talk trash on here and it's actually pretty funny. Acting like what you say on this little board has an impact is even more funny.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballfan00, you may in fact be a baseball authority with credibility up the wazoo. If that´s the case and you feel the need for instant respect, just tell us who you are and your credentials and we can decide if we are impressed or not. As long as you choose to remain anonymous, you will in fact have to earn credibility by what you bring to the board like the rest of us. As far as the idea that the guys on here have any delusions that what we say has any effect on decisions made by coaches or administrators, my experience has been that nothing could be further from the truth.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LibertyBall Fan00 wrote:I'm positive I'm more creditable than any of you in here. You talk trash on here and it's actually pretty funny. Acting like what you say on this little board has an impact is even more funny.
cred·it·a·ble
ˈkredədəb(ə)l/
adjective
(of a performance, effort, or action) deserving public acknowledgment and praise but not necessarily outstanding or successful.
"a very creditable 2–4 defeat"
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LibertyBall Fan00 wrote:
I'm positive I'm more creditable than any of you in here. You talk trash on here and it's actually pretty funny. Acting like what you say on this little board has an impact is even more funny.
1. Its credible. adam already explained what creditable means
2. If you are so positive that you are more credible, then you should have little trouble telling us who you are and what credentials you bring to the table as olldflame indicated. Until then, the community here will cast a skeptical eye on your comments.
3. I don't think that anyone on here has any wide ranging delusions of grandeur and desire to influence the decision making processes that operate within the university, and you really don't help your cause by criticizing something that doesn't happen...if anything it makes for some ideal humor on a slow day
By LibertyBall Fan00
BJWilliams wrote:
LibertyBall Fan00 wrote:
1. Its credible. adam already explained what creditable means
2. If you are so positive that you are more credible, then you should have little trouble telling us who you are and what credentials you bring to the table as olldflame indicated. Until then, the community here will cast a skeptical eye on your comments.
3. I don't think that anyone on here has any wide ranging delusions of grandeur and desire to influence the decision making processes that operate within the university, and you really don't help your cause by criticizing something that doesn't happen...if anything it makes for some ideal humor on a slow day
I don't care if you have a skeptical eye. Actually wait, yeah I really do. I stay up all night just tossing and turning hoping you don't look down upon me and my comments. Gosh, I really don't know how I get any sleep at night.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Are you serious? A new poster adds a good first post, some don't want to read it or don't like what he says, BJ goes BEEJ on the new poster without anyone trying to rein him in and suddenly the new poster is a troll?
By LibertyBall Fan00
SumItUp wrote:Are you serious? A new poster adds a good first post, some don't want to read it or don't like what he says, BJ goes BEEJ on the new poster without anyone trying to rein him in and suddenly the new poster is a troll?

Thank you. I was attacked after defending myself, then the snowball started hahaha
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
It's a pattern that happens around here. The longer you're around, the more desensitized you become to new posters. Glad to have you on the site. I'm always interested in baseball people adding to the conversation.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If you're credible, and the first post proves you are, then let your content point to that. There's no point in acting like you're superior to everyone here because at the end of the day, regardless of your connections or past positions, you're still a nerd posting on a message board just like the rest of us.

Stick around though. It's nice to have people who know more than wins and losses around here.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You said it Jon...we're all still keyboard jockeys (well not all I should say.)
By LUDad
adam42381 wrote:
LibertyBall Fan00 wrote:OP? What does that even mean? You must have a very important life not to take the extra 10 seconds out of the day and fully type out what you are trying to say.
New guy, you're not going to make any friends this way. First, you show up and tell us to listen to you because you know what you're talking about without providing us with any proof that you know what you're talking about. Now you're calling someone out for using standard message board abbreviations. It takes time to earn respect around here. You're off to a bad start.
Doesn't have to be someone new. Could be an alais account...
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
No idea who the guy is, but the fact that he uses the phrase JUCO bandit definitely means he has been around the office and program, haha. That word is a staple around the facility!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]