This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
POY from my hometown.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
PLAYER OF THE YEAR — Brandon Donovan • Steel Valley • Pitcher/infielder • Senior

In 2014 and 2015, Steel Valley had two of the best seasons in school history. Donovan was the main reason. After making All-Area last year, Donovan went a step further and grabbed player of the year honors this season. He was a force as a pitcher and hitter. He batted .576 with 14 doubles, 22 RBIs and 24 runs for a WPIAL Class AA semifinalist. He also was 8-2 as a pitcher and averaged nearly two strikeouts an inning with 124 in 66 innings. Allowed only 41 hits and had 1.38 ERA. Will play next season at Division I Radford in Virginia.Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Austin Kitchen • Mt. Lebanon • Pitcher • Senior

Will play next season at Coastal Carolina. Had terrific senior season for section champion Blue Devils. Finished 6-1 and struck out 85 in 51 innings. Had 2.29 ERA and opponents batted only .150 against him.

Alex Kiriloff • Plum • Pitcher/outfielder • Junior

One of the WPIAL’s best all-around players. Batted .500 with nine doubles, six home runs and 29 RBIs. Was 5-1 as a left-handed pitcher with 1.55 ERA. Has already committed to Division I Liberty University.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So kiriloff is pretty dang good. He won the perfect game hr derby with 12 then had a ringing line shot up the middle and showed great speed advancing all the way around for the first run of the game for east. The cf was a commit of ours too. He looked really good as well. I believe it was khalil lee. This is top notch talent.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If we can get 70-80% of this group to the mountain next fall that will be an outstanding nucleus (especially if we get Kiriloff or Lee in that group)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]