This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
POY from my hometown.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
PLAYER OF THE YEAR — Brandon Donovan • Steel Valley • Pitcher/infielder • Senior

In 2014 and 2015, Steel Valley had two of the best seasons in school history. Donovan was the main reason. After making All-Area last year, Donovan went a step further and grabbed player of the year honors this season. He was a force as a pitcher and hitter. He batted .576 with 14 doubles, 22 RBIs and 24 runs for a WPIAL Class AA semifinalist. He also was 8-2 as a pitcher and averaged nearly two strikeouts an inning with 124 in 66 innings. Allowed only 41 hits and had 1.38 ERA. Will play next season at Division I Radford in Virginia.Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Austin Kitchen • Mt. Lebanon • Pitcher • Senior

Will play next season at Coastal Carolina. Had terrific senior season for section champion Blue Devils. Finished 6-1 and struck out 85 in 51 innings. Had 2.29 ERA and opponents batted only .150 against him.

Alex Kiriloff • Plum • Pitcher/outfielder • Junior

One of the WPIAL’s best all-around players. Batted .500 with nine doubles, six home runs and 29 RBIs. Was 5-1 as a left-handed pitcher with 1.55 ERA. Has already committed to Division I Liberty University.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So kiriloff is pretty dang good. He won the perfect game hr derby with 12 then had a ringing line shot up the middle and showed great speed advancing all the way around for the first run of the game for east. The cf was a commit of ours too. He looked really good as well. I believe it was khalil lee. This is top notch talent.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If we can get 70-80% of this group to the mountain next fall that will be an outstanding nucleus (especially if we get Kiriloff or Lee in that group)
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]