This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im seeing mckenna as high from 80 to 160. Perritt is way down the list at 421. I scanned briefly but didnt see trevillian close or artis in BA's top 500.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Im seeing mckenna as high from 80 to 160. Perritt is way down the list at 421. I scanned briefly but didnt see trevillian close or artis in BA's top 500.
McKenna drafted in 4th (133 overall) by Baltimore.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well I know at least one poster who will be happy no matter McKenna's decision...eh Cider?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well the A's decided to take a flyer on one of our overworked and underdeveloped pitchers, taking Jared Lyons in Round 9
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Go O's!
By Kiwon
BJWilliams wrote:Well the A's decided to take a flyer on one of our overworked and underdeveloped pitchers, taking Jared Lyons in Round 9
Glad to see that. The low-budget A's are a good organization where young guys get a legitimate shot to make the majors. Solid front office with a track record of developing young talent. Their farm system is thin right now and their bullpen is killing them at the big show this year.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:Solid front office with a track record of developing young talent.
So if I can summarize the threads up to this point: not Toman.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Well the A's decided to take a flyer on one of our overworked and underdeveloped pitchers, taking Jared Lyons in Round 9
You're not conference pitcher of the year and underdeveloped. Use your brain, Beej.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know. I just thought I'd say it that way in light of your regularly critical comments about his pitching coach...so I kinda was using my brain
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
You're not conference pitcher of the year and underdeveloped. Use your brain, Beej.
That's a pretty big ask....
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jon's the one who made the comment about pitchers being overworked and underdeveloped (or some such thing. he ought to still own that comment even in this situation, not tell me to "use your brain".
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Go O's!
I second that.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Jon's the one who made the comment about pitchers being overworked and underdeveloped (or some such thing. he ought to still own that comment even in this situation, not tell me to "use your brain".
Beej, you're proving how unintelligent you are by belaboring this point. It's possible for us to not develop talent well while at the same time, having guys who do develop. Those two are not mutually exclusive.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Crazy that close and perritt ended up falling below lyons. Lyons just got better every year. I thought we could have tried alex at 3b a couple years ago and that would have improved his draft stock. He had the tools to try it. He def wont catch in minors and hes going to have to mash to make it as a 1b. 3 great players either way. Hope perritt and alex go quick today.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Flurry of activity today with perritt to the rangers and close to the royals again. Also trevillian in the 22nd round to pittsburgh.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Link?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Second Amherst County product to go pro, after former Flame star Steven Evans...good luck to him
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Pretty low to sign out of high school. Means he had no interest in school.
What does Trevillian's twitter account say?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
All that tweet says is that he is entering the draft, nothing about him signing. That doesn´t mean he hasn´t or won´t, but you´d need another source, cause it´s not there. I feel pretty sure he expected to go higher. College baseball may be starting to look like a better option right about now.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
The rounds for baseball really don't mean that much in regards to money for high school players or juniors. Some guys fall in the draft because they are asking for too much money, and guys are drafted early because they will sign for less money and then the organization can take a chance on other players. There have been guys in 35th round still get half a mill or more. He will get a LOT more money than Jared Lyons does in the 9th round, let's just say that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]