This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By huntandfish
Registration Days Posts
OK let's see if Coach Toman is staying or is he going I put it at 50/50. What do you guys think? I think if he stays this yr we have our coach for awhile. I think he COULD be at the point of " I ve done all I can and gone as far as I can go at LU.

PS Dude from DBU just touched 99 wow. Got to love the Baptist boys.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Depends on the openings. A solid to good offer could be enough for him to move on. He's seen what he could've had at Maryland along with the parts of his current job he doesn't love and may decide it's time for a new challenge.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I really think Toman stole your ex girlfriend or tried to blackmail you or ran over your dog or something, you have quite the fixation with seeing him fail or whatever this unhealthy obsession is
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I suspect he will stay. Why expose himself further at another school? He is proven himself incapable of developing talent and is clearly an inferior X and O's coach, but he is good at recruiting. He gets so uptight it causes his players to make errors in the field, it is hard to imagine anyone wanting to play for him. He would be well served to stay where he is, he already has us fooled. smh. :)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I really think Toman stole your ex girlfriend or tried to blackmail you or ran over your dog or something, you have quite the fixation with seeing him fail or whatever this unhealthy obsession is
I think BJ fixates on "unhealthy" fixaters.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I really think Toman stole your ex girlfriend or tried to blackmail you or ran over your dog or something, you have quite the fixation with seeing him fail or whatever this unhealthy obsession is
I think BJ fixates on "unhealthy" fixaters.
He also enjoys attacking the Poster not the Post
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
I don't have the entire history of the sport on the mountain, but has LU ever gone to a Regional besides the past few years?? (The exception being this year of course.)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LUinPA wrote:I don't have the entire history of the sport on the mountain, but has LU ever gone to a Regional besides the past few years?? (The exception being this year of course.)
We had been twice before.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LUinPA wrote:Were they close together in years or far apart?
That I'm not sure of.

Toman's had great success here. Just think he may think it's his time to move to something new.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:We've made the regionals in 1993, 1998, 2000, 2013, 2014.
And almost made it in other years, falling in the BS tournament championship.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
ATrain wrote:And almost made it in other years, falling in the BS tournament championship.
AKA the Royer Years.
Yeah, those years...at least Toman got us over the hump.
By LUDad
flowserve wrote:95% chance He will stay for another year. If next year is bad, 15% chance that he will stay for 2017.
Question is, what is now considered "bad" when relating to Liberty baseball? I think Toman has increased expectations with his success. That, in and of itself, is an accomplishment.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hate to say it, but anything less than an NCAA Tournament appearance is a "bad year".
I don't hate to say that. That shows where the program is and what we expect out of it. Not just a winning season, but at least a regional appearance.
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:I hate to say it, but anything less than an NCAA Tournament appearance is a "bad year".
I think that's a bit much at this point in time. I have a friend that went to Bama and I was kidding him about expecting a national championship every year. He was serious when he replied that being in the hunt every year was all he could ask. I think that at this point in time being in the hunt for a bid every year is a reasonable expection from where we were a few years ago.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The Clemson job has become available. I am hearing there may be some mutual interest regarding Toman. Since he is an ACC/SEC coach, always plays for the 3 run dinger and hasn't learned how to adjust to BSC play in 8 years, maybe he would be a good fit for that job. He would probably have to learn to develop players though. Amazing that he would even be considered for the job since he doesn't know how to do anything but recruit. :roll: Maybe we can pay part of his salary just to get shed of him. :mrgreen:
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ive read tons of articles and havent seen his name mentioned once. Good luck if he goes where legget just made 20 trips in 21 years to regionals. He had a couple bad years and is shown the door. Oh and 6 omaha appearances.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]