This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From the looks of it, CLowers didn't respond well to the postponement. Pardon the MMQB moment here, but I would have gotten CLinton up and throwing after the second single, had a mound visit with Clowers, find out what was going on, and then after the GS, probably made a change at that point, hoping to minimize the damage.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:From the looks of it, CLowers didn't respond well to the postponement. Pardon the MMQB moment here, but I would have gotten CLinton up and throwing after the second single, had a mound visit with Clowers, find out what was going on, and then after the GS, probably made a change at that point, hoping to minimize the damage.
You obviously were not watching the game. None of the first three hits were worthy of getting someone up in the bullpen. Good pitching and good hitting.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Get the fork out cuz were done. Thats just a horrific display with an at large on the line.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:From the looks of it, CLowers didn't respond well to the postponement. Pardon the MMQB moment here, but I would have gotten CLinton up and throwing after the second single, had a mound visit with Clowers, find out what was going on, and then after the GS, probably made a change at that point, hoping to minimize the damage.
Beej - don't comment if you weren't paying attention.

We were throwing (and hanging) soft breaking stuff on the outside of the plate and they started teeing off.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What are we trying to do with bean? I mean its time to set him down. Were eroding any confidence that he may have left.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Game in a delay now. Just what we need is to drag this out. We have to go up to MD tomorrow and play a good Terp team, have a day off then 3 more games.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:What are we trying to do with bean? I mean its time to set him down. Were eroding any confidence that he may have left.
You're assuming we know how to handle pitchers other than telling them to pitch out of it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Why Coastal has success and we don't:

Because they had to play today, Coastal canceled their game vs Wake tomorrow. It's a short week with weekend series starting on Thursday and the tournament next Tuesday.

Liberty on the other hand is still playing at Maryland tomorrow.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Coastal rpi was 18 and ours was 43. They didn't need to play tomorrow. We tried to make one last ditch effort to gain an at large which we probably would have done if we had beaten coastal and Maryland on the road. Took a shot and it failed. Can't fault the coaches for playing the game or for throwing the pitches in this one. The guys didn't get it done. Disappointing but it happens. I really hope they rest the pitchers the remainder of the way so the few that we throw are ready for next Tuesday - we are not the best team in the conference but we have the ability to win the tourney.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
We have been way too inconsistent this year and I think our chances of winning the tourney are nearly nil. We really haven't put together 4-5 really good games in quite a while. Hope I am wrong.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]