This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Should be a good series. The video for the series is only showing for the BSC stream, surprised that they are not on ESPN3.
By LUDad
Will likely get a double-header Sat. Thunderstorms, high winds, and up to 1"of rain due Sunday at Myrtle Beach.
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
Pouring rain and high winds off and on with the Tropical Storm. Been under a Tropical Storm Warning for the past few hours and is supposed to last until atleast 6pm. The storm is stationary.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The game is hard to watch. The announcer is horrible and the production, leaves a lot to be desired. The ball and strike counts are almost never right. Lyons is pitching from behind almost every batter. Hope plate umpire is horrible as well. I guess we might be spoiled when it comes to a good TV production/announcer team.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Finally just turned the sound off, couldn't take it any more. Another error just cost us another run. Routine ground ball to second, easy double play, 2nd baseman lets the ball go through his legs. I THINK I could have made the play, I know my wife could have.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Got 3 back but salisbury takes a called 3rd right down the pipe to leave em loaded. Lets play with 8 and leave 2b open
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am probably wrong about the hit counts. The score is 4-4 and they still show a graphic showing both teams with 0 hits.
We leave the bases loaded again in the 6th. Close struck out with a guy on 3rd and only one out, that hurt,
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Watched the last inning. Heckuva play by Paxton with one out and runners on second and third. That hit could've plated two and put runner on second with only one out. Play of the game, surely!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Watched the last inning. Heckuva play by Paxton with one out and runners on second and third. That hit could've plated two and put runner on second with only one out. Play of the game, surely!
I was listening to it. Nick and Billy seemed pretty impressed by it.

Tonight we played a lot like Coastal normally does. That's one of the highest compliments I can give our team.
By LUDad
Lyons was a beast. However, it was our hitting that really impressed me. 12 hits, home run, 2 doubles & a triple. We also had a chance to mail it in after getting behind but didn't. We lost our MOJO about this time last year. Perhaps things are reversing this year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Need one more win to probably lock up the #2 seed...excellent win tonight
By flowserve
Registration Days Posts
Very good game, good pitching, good hitting, lots of teamwork. Call for balls and strikes were consistently inconsistent,
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Keep the line moving. I believe thats 6 straight vs coastal. Cole on the bump tom. Early start time will hurt their home field advantage.
By LUDad
LUalum12 wrote:Anybody know the status of game 2?
I would imagine that a thundershower came through and they are getting the field ready now. Weather shows Myrtle Beach with 0 chance of rain at noon.
By LUDad
I'm thinking that a key to this game is get to Coastal's bullpen early. Holmes has Coastal's best era @ 1.22 and 45 SO's in 44 innings. But he has only averaged about 2 innings per game. He did go 6 innings of no hit ball against Florida State. I imagine Coastal is trying to stretch him out with the injury to Cunningham. Need to try and get his pitch count up fast.
By flowserve
Registration Days Posts
I have been checking the weather for the area and it has been about 0%, another delay at 1pm due to rain but it's still about 0%. They should check the weather channel to see that it not rain so they can play the game. :D :D
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Our righthand hitters need to move a little closer to the plate. The umps seem to have a wide strikezone and the Coastal pitchers keep throwing the ball a little off the plate, get a called strike and force us to swing at pitches out of the strikezone. IMHO.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]