This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

SuperJon wrote:No. Not everyone deserves a trophy.
I agree with you there. However, they should have enough play in games to assure top 50 RPI get in tournament. Not enough at large spots. SEC alone takes about 1/3 of the at large slots (which they deserve).
thepostman wrote:No. I don't like it in basketball and would dislike it even more so in baseball. If anything basketball and baseball should not take more than 3 schools from one conference but that will never happen. Baseball is fine there is no need to mess with it.
Hey, talk about exciting basketball...NC State vs. Maryland ACC tournment final. Triple overtime & loser goes home. Lefty was right in that if State was #1 in nation Maryland was #2. UCLA may have very well been #3.

Point is, if you are going to have 64 teams in tournment you should at least have top 50 in RPI included. As you indicated, politics/power conferences will likely keep that from happening. Thus need for play in games to include top 50.
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall one year the 64th team selected for tournament won the CWS.
Considering 64 teams are picked, I'm shocked that one of them actually won! :roll:
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]