This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I know turtles like rain, but what are the chances the game is cancelled? My son asked to go and I have started to make arrangements to get out of a prior commitment... but it's looking like I might not need to.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hmmm. Now I am tempted to take the day off and enjoy baseball all afternoon. College Park is 30 minutes away.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I'm on board with a DH in CP, I'll actually get to see both games against UMD. And with Shipley's shape and field dimensions(324 to left and right with a super short porch in left and 362 to straightaway center) it actually plays to the Flames HR or bust offense better than the Terp's incredibly deliberate small ball.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I hear the game has been moved to Wednesday.

anyone confirm

:mrgreen:

PS: SJ you're a genius on the prayers for rainout
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
huntandfish wrote:Must win why? No chance for a bid unless win the tournament
I keep thinking the same thing because we've lost pretty much every big game this year but the numbers aren't playing that out.

We're top 35 RPI right now. If we can get 3-5 Top 50 wins before the end of the year, we could get an at-large. We have two shots against Maryland, three vs Coastal, and one vs UVA. We need to go at worst 3-3 over those game and we'll have a shot.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Maryland is a winnable game, here in Lynchburg and in College Park. Their offense pretty flat over the weekend only 1 run each game on Saturday and Sunday, so if the teams' offensive trends continue we should win the game tomorrow.
By LUDad
Last year every team with an RPI 45 or lower made the tournament except for 1. West Virginia was at 40. They had a losing record in conference play and lost 9 out of their last 10 games. Barely had an overall winning record. If we maintain a win rate at app. 2-1 through the end of the season our RPI should end up at at or just below 40. I believe that will get us an at-large bid AS long as CCU is the winner of the tournament. If someone else other than CCU or Liberty wins the tournament that leaves us odd man out with CCU getting an at-large bid. This, of course, assumes that BS will not get a third bid.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
4-1 after 4. Bean is still struggling with control. He's only given up 2 hits through 4 innings, but has walked 3 and hit a batter. Already thrown 71 pitches, so even if he doesn't give up any more runs, he probably only goes 6 innings.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Kimble who is in the game for defense, makes an error on a ball that would have ended up the game. Why do we play him again?? Unbelievable
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Ugh. This stinks.
CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Liberty will play winner of New Mexico State-Jacks[…]

LSU

Liberty 3 LSU 1, final. Escobar complete game win.[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It certainly feels ridiculous to see some of these[…]

Volleyball Coach

Former player and assistant coach Rebecca Ru[…]