This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Mismanaged that one at the end. Kimble simply isnt a d1 player and roberts hasnt had an
Ab in 20 days and hes the ph option against a power closer. Cmon. This team will go nowhere if they cant get any more reliable pitching other than the weekend starters. Bean and stafford walk as many guys as their ip. Dissappointing all around.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't Taormima in there at 3rd instead of Kimbal who can't hit and Roberts I thought was more of a pinch runner/defensive option.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Last year had Clowers and Marsh coming out of the bullpen with strong w/e pitchers. This year we lack depth and reliable relievers or even reliable weekday starters. Tough loss tonight, guys got to be very disappointed. They'll bounce back and finish strong from this point on.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't Taormima in there at 3rd instead of Kimbal who can't hit and Roberts I thought was more of a pinch runner/defensive option.
I thought that as soon as I saw Kimble in there as with the game that close you may need Taormina's bat in the bottom of 9th or even in extras. Taormina is not a liability at 3rd and certainly has a potent bat.
By huntandfish
Registration Days Posts
Not sure why this is such a big deal. LU will only get a bid if they win the BSC tournament. Watched the press conference and the coach and kid looked as if the season was over. If you win the tournament you're in. Maybe I'm too simple but mid week games should make you better win or loose. The RPI goes up and all is good.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hopefully we will peak at the right time and win BSC tourney.

Going to have to. This one really hurts. We did add a game with ECU.
By huntandfish
Registration Days Posts
So is it different now? The most important games are the week day games and we rely on the NCAA to "pick" us for the tournament. I know I'm old but is that the way it works now? Why not control what you can. Its almost like we have given the BSC title to CCU and now hoping for at large.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]