This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Would be a nice feather in the cap if we could pick up a win tonight.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Need a win today. got to beat some ACC schools for RPI points.
By LUDad
Surprised to see Clowers penciled in as probable starter for today's game with Campbell coming in this week-end. Would this mean that Perritt gets a week-end start? Is Herndon close to being ready (really would like to see him come back next year)?
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Herndon was supposedly still on track for a mid-April return, last I heard. He's right around 12 months removed from surgery.
By LUDad
Chris Lang wrote:Herndon was supposedly still on track for a mid-April return, last I heard. He's right around 12 months removed from surgery.
This week-end is pretty close to mid-April :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Jim is going to do what Jim is going to do. It's going to make absolutely no sense from a baseball perspective but it's going to work 2/3 of the time and leave us all scratching our heads. You do you, Coach.
By LUDad
I kinda like the play. Starting Clowers gives us a chance to steal one on the road against a top team that just beat CCU the day before 9-3. Would give the selection committee something to chew on.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's definitely a gamble. If we beat UNC but lose two to Campbell, the UNC win means nothing.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think toman is thinking a road win over unc and 2 of 3 from campbell is better than a sweep of campbell and loss to unc. The way stafford has pitched we werent likely to win tonight.
By LUDad
SuperJon wrote:It's definitely a gamble. If we beat UNC but lose two to Campbell, the UNC win means nothing.
Agreed. Win or lose tonight, the guys will still have to close the deal with Campbell
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Great dialogue - tough to line up your pitchers in situations like this. My concern is that if we hit don't hit better. we will need sandy Koufax on the hill. 3,2, and 1 runs in 3 of the past 4 games. Expect better pitching tonight and this weekend. Go flames.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Flames leave bases loaded in 1st & 2 on in 2nd. Can't do that against UNC and expect to win.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bases loaded in first, one out. Meat of order up and not score. Ball game.

We just did not come to play tonight.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stop me if you've heard this before: it's a big game, Toman does something out of the box to show just how much he wants the game, then we come out tight and don't play well.
By WestPAGator
It boggles my mind that with all of the money and the fantastic facilities that LU has on campus, we do not have a batting coach! These kids are struggling. We have some powerful talent on this team, but maybe an experienced batting coach could help them. I am sure that our opponents have a batting coach......I think it is an important issue. LU is a Division I school with no appreciable coaching.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We have no coaching period. We have a manager and recruiters.
By LUDad
Can't speak to the pitching *edit* batting coach thing but there was some talent on the mound last nigh from both teams. They had 7 hits and struck out 8 times. We had 6 hits and struck out 9 times. They happened to get the timely hits. Got three RBI's on a two out, two strike pitch and two runs on one other pitch. Take one or both of those pitches back and they have 1 or 3 runs. We could have easily had 2 or 4 runs with one or two timely hits. We have had the games were we got the clutch hits. Just didn't happen last night.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Can't speak to the pitching *edit* batting coach thing but there was some talent on the mound last nigh from both teams. They had 7 hits and struck out 8 times. We had 6 hits and struck out 9 times. They happened to get the timely hits. Got three RBI's on a two out, two strike pitch and two runs on one other pitch. Take one or both of those pitches back and they have 1 or 3 runs. We could have easily had 2 or 4 runs with one or two timely hits. We have had the games were we got the clutch hits. Just didn't happen last night.
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
By LUDad
flamesfilmguy wrote:
LUDad wrote:Can't speak to the pitching *edit* batting coach thing but there was some talent on the mound last nigh from both teams. They had 7 hits and struck out 8 times. We had 6 hits and struck out 9 times. They happened to get the timely hits. Got three RBI's on a two out, two strike pitch and two runs on one other pitch. Take one or both of those pitches back and they have 1 or 3 runs. We could have easily had 2 or 4 runs with one or two timely hits. We have had the games were we got the clutch hits. Just didn't happen last night.
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Very true. but the takeway is simply that the score does not reflect how close/even the game was.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would like to see Roberts and Barrick get a few more at-bats. I believe they can hit better than some in line-up most everyday.
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like to see Roberts and Barrick get a few more at-bats. I believe they can hit better than some in line-up most everyday.
I imagine the only thing keeping Roberts off the field right now is his glove...
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]