This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I like to see all games carried on 88.3,, which has a good signal. 90.9 has a very weak signal, that probably can't reach Campbell County.
It can, but not beyond Hyland Heights Baptist Church. At least that's the way it was 10 years ago.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't think they have the same signal strength they had 10 years ago. There was some issues with it and from what I understand 90.9 can not be heard off campus unless it changed recently.
By LUDad
I was really thinking about them handling the TV broadcast for the non Liberty games if calling all the games would put a strain on the LFSN guys. The thought is to have all the games on TV as a selling point to get higher RPI teams to the Invitational.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I was really thinking about them handling the TV broadcast for the non Liberty games if calling all the games would put a strain on the LFSN guys. The thought is to have all the games on TV as a selling point to get higher RPI teams to the Invitational.
That would be not only a strain on talent but on the crew. LFSN would use student crews for the non-Liberty games and there just aren't enough of us to do that many games without getting over-worked. The extra pay and experience would be nice but doing more than two games in a day is absolutely exhausting.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
waaah

I just spent 12 hrs on the range @ Ft Dix yet I have the energy to come on here and get things done

buck up little camper
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
The people on the student crew who are committed and really like it can handle the long hours. LFSN is the one whose actually afraid of over-working the student crews. Paying the student crews for that many games would also be a problem, to pay 4 camera operators for 4 games would cost $800 total, and there's several other positions that make more than the cameras. Not to mention they would have to provide at least one meal, maybe two depending on the start time.
By LUDad
CCU has had four tournaments this year so far at home. Teams slated to play:

Maryland, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Canisius at one.

Georgia Tect, Florida International, NC State, Albany, NC Central at another.

West Virginia, Kent State, Ball State, Illinois at another.

Michigan State, Michigan, UMBC, Toledo, Akron at another.

They get to play all their pre-conference schedule at home. Against some high RPI teams at that! What do they have that we don't? The beach and usually much warmer weather.

We have to do something to compete with what they (and other tournaments) have to offer. I think TV is part of that something.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think the biggest obstacle for LU tournaments is the weather. It's cold and windy just about every game in March and even April. Only hope is to get northern teams to come.
I'd love to see some SEC teams play in Lynchburg, but it would be hard to get them to come north, when they can stay in south in better weather,
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:The people on the student crew who are committed and really like it can handle the long hours. LFSN is the one whose actually afraid of over-working the student crews. Paying the student crews for that many games would also be a problem, to pay 4 camera operators for 4 games would cost $800 total, and there's several other positions that make more than the cameras. Not to mention they would have to provide at least one meal, maybe two depending on the start time.
Plus, don't forget, thanks to Obamacare, health insurance may have to be offered.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]