This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We look terrible. Mental mistakes galore. We dont have more than 3 hitters that we can rely on right now.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
There sure is a lot of fans dressed up like stadium seats!!!! :lol: Where are the fans of this team??? No one wants to watch this team or this sorry coach. Not looking good for the Flames.
By jam90
Trottalot wrote:There sure is a lot of fans dressed up like stadium seats!!!! :I chortle audibly.: Where are the fans of this team??? No one wants to watch this team or this sorry coach. Not looking good for the Flames.
Spring Break, Game 2 of a DH, cold..
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Flames had runner on 3rd in 9th with 3rd & 4th batters up. Going to extra innings
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We've struck out 40 times in the last three games. Our BB:K ratio is 1:2. That's terrible. Yes, we've pulled out some wins, but we're playing horrible baseball right now. With as much talent as we have on our roster, we should not be this bad.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the bats can warm up along with the temps (and keep bitter old losers like Trott on the sidelines)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I watched first 5 innings . too cold so i left.

We appear to be swinging at too many bad pitches. I liked the fact we got a couple clutch 2 out hits with runners on.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Were starting to find a semblance of a lineup. Taormina should have claimed 3rd and tray roberts and austin bream provided a spark. Get shepherd and perritt healthy and were back. Perritt was back to his normal arm slot and was 90 91 last night. Win the wvu game and take 3 of 4 next weekend and ill believe.
By flowserve
Registration Days Posts
What felt like spring today when I left home, felt like winter at the stadium. I think the season turning point may be the win last night, that was a GREAT come back win. They played as a team today which is good because it's a team sport. The season is looking bright, the team is playing like a team and the only dark spot is the weather. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
How did Bream provide a spark ? He did not look good at the plate. I was impressed with Roberts' speed.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bream hit a line shot first game of the dh in pinch hitting duty. Crushed a double first at bat down the line. He didnt do as well after like taormina and roberts did. We have been carried by the pitching staff the last few years. We used to have stud d1 outfielders like parmley mike rob, redal, andy smith, garrett atkins (drafted by the sox i may be messing up his name) and matt williams and tyler bream on the left side. We have a deeper 1-35 man roster but we dont have those kind of studs in the program right now. So, toman is playing musical chairs trying to find production. Nick walker was a juco all american and catcher and he hasnt produced. Lots of guys just flat out struggling at the plate. If we can get everyone health i think our best look is perritt cf shepherd rf close 1b yacyk dh britt ss taormina 3b sanckey c. Roberts or bream in left then i have no idea at 2b. Nobody has hit at all from second so far.
By boltz44
why would Roberts , bream or shepherd be in the outfield over josh close. I think he has done well out there. Stroosman has done well in center. If they want perritt to focus on pitching that is what he should do. We are going to need pitching. We also need our defense to hold up. If you are not going to score many runs, you cant be giving up unearned ones or making your pitchers work harder for outs.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Roberts is a defensive liability and has a weak bat. Stroosma is smooth in CF but need more hitting from him. Bream has a weak bat (Ks a lot) and does not possess a true outfield arm or speed - maybe LF at best. Allen hurt but Taoramina may be the better offensive option at 3B. Yacyk lacks speed to play OF, J. Close a better option in LF but Yacyk's bat will keep him in the lineup either at DH or LF and maybe 1B when Close catches. Close looked good on the hill Sunday.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What has stroosma done. He gets on base but he has a below average arm and hes hitting 176 or something miserable like that. Bream is a natural first basemen. What your saying is my point. We dont have any outfielders like we had. Close hasnt looked smooth in the outfield either. He has come really close to over running multiple balls. Hes hitting 230. Take away his grand slam and he hasnt produced either. Shepherd is the right fielder when healthy without question. Roberts struggles with the fundamentals but he def provided a spark. Again, compare the 6 or 7 outfielders on the roster we have now to a few years back and you see why were not hitting from those spots.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]