This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Anyone have the latest on Herndon. Will he be back this year. He is on the roster. FlamesNation speculate he may come back in April. Better late than never but sure would like to see him return next year with Bean, Trevellian et al.
Last edited by Chippy on February 16th, 2015, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Tommy John is a one year minimum I believe so he should return during conference play if that timetable holds
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Its an interesting conundrum to be in. while I do think he would be good to have for the stretch run, the recovery time frame is up to 18 months from TJ if I remember correctly so having him for a full season healthy in 2016 with a chance to improve his stock...Im glad this is his (Carson's) decision because I would hate to have that decision to make
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I would be interested to know where he stands academically. If he is on course to graduate this year, then if the doctors clear him and his arm feels good, I see no reason for him to come back and delay his professional career another year. All he would have to do this year is prove his arm is sound and he will be drafted.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
You know ive thought for a couple years now that he might be an exceptional closer. He has the gas to do it and hes effectively wild. I know you dont get the same amount of innings from him but i think he could be nasty in 1 to 2 inning stints when he can let it fly.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
DailyPress.com wrote:Pilots are next step in recovery for Liberty's Carson Herndon

By Tommy Hamzik
thamzik@dailypress.com

Carson Herndon remembers the date without hesitation.

It was April 5, 2014, and Liberty University's baseball team was hosting VMI. Herndon was pitching in the fifth inning when he tore his ulnar collateral ligament.

Less than three weeks later, Herndon underwent Tommy John surgery. He remembers that date, too — April 25.

"You don't forget things like that," he said.

The next date Herndon is likely to remember is May 27, 2015.
Click Here for Full Story
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]