This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Chippy wrote:
SuperJon wrote:
krh44 wrote:Just watch the update w/ Nick Pierce and Toman says AP maybe the Saturday starter.
I'm not so sure about this one. I'll give it a shot, but Perritt's going to have to significantly change the way he pitches to be able to go more than five innings.
I'm sure Quinn is already working with him on that. Remember he started the South Carolina game in the regional 2 years ago after playing outfield and pitching in relief throughout the regional. He didn't quite have the legs (velocity) for that game but he sure showed a lot of heart given the situation.
Yeah it will be interesting to see if he can do it for a whole season. Reminds me of what we did we Josh Richardson in some games his Jr year. I think it wash Josh and Ashton that we threw against UVa when they came to the Burg.
Perritt will be fine. Im just not sure we have another closing option that is as dominant as he was. Id expect stafford and pennington to get the first shot at midweek starts. Guys like blaylock and evans may factor in. If cole and evans can get control they could be the primary setup men. I dont know much about the freshmen but theres almost always a juco or 2 that come in and do well.
jinxy wrote:Perritt will be fine. Im just not sure we have another closing option that is as dominant as he was. Id expect stafford and pennington to get the first shot at midweek starts. Guys like blaylock and evans may factor in. If cole and evans can get control they could be the primary setup men. I dont know much about the freshmen but theres almost always a juco or 2 that come in and do well.
I too think Perritt can be another Josh Richardson. Talk about dominant, how about Matt Marsh last year. He was the setup guy but also the closer when Perritt was struggling in that role. Sounds like Lyons may fill the closer's role but he really lacks an out pitch. Marsh had a devastating palm ball to go along with the 90+ mph fastball and Peritt ditto except his curve was erratic at times.

Think about how many throws Perritt had as an outfielder in between innings and how many miles he logged running back and forth from the dugout to CF every inning, running the bases, chasing flyballs, etc. If he starts he should have a rested arm and rested legs.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]