This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Half a million dollars at age 18 and having your degree basically paid for? Id take that
Then taker taxes out, agent fees cost of living.....not that much, really. But it does sound like a lot to an 18 year old. Hopefully, he will be the exception and not the rule otherwise he will be broke and without a college education in 4 years
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What's the latest on who will "sign" and who will return ? I have been "out of the net" for a few days.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Alex close announce on twitter that he will be back for his senior year. Big boost to the offense. I havent heard much on perritt but we may be in better shape than i thought next year if he comes back.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Alex close announce on twitter that he will be back for his senior year. Big boost to the offense. I havent heard much on perritt but we may be in better shape than i thought next year if he comes back.

This is good to hear. If we can get another All American to transfer in we should be in decent shape.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Ashton has a number in mind ... if he gets it, he'll leave. If not, he'll come back. He'll be happy either way. But we probably won't know until late in the summer.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:What's the deadline for juniors and high school draftees to declare their intentions for next year?

July 18 Signing deadline for players selected in the First-Year Player Draft.
By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
Danny Grauer signed this week with the Vienna Wanderers in the Austrian Professional Baseball League. The season lasts till Oct.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Alex close announce on twitter that he will be back for his senior year.
Great to hear! (And ROLL TIDE Alex. 8) :lol: )
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
AP has about two weeks from today to get his house in order then (thanks for that info Trott) as to whether he wants back here or to probably head to Danville and join the Braves
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I see that Seiz is leading Pioneer Rookie League in HRs with 5, and is 3rd in RBIs with 16. His late season slump did not affect him once his pro career started.
Before his late season slump , he was the best college hitter I saw this past season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Today is the deadline for signing...any word on AP or any of the other draftees (besides Seiz and Close)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Perritt is all we are waiting on i think. Bivens seiz and parks are gone and close is coming back.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I mean he really cut it about as close as he could have cut it on this decision. will be great to have him back as our leadoff man and likely closer in 2015
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
With close and perritt returning next year looks promising. Essentially we lose seiz lambert graeur marsh fulghum and lacik. We get paxton and taormina back and our talented freshman class will have a year under their belt. We may have even more pitching depth this year than last which is scary. Bean clowers lyons and pennington plus perritt at the end. Plus blaylock stafford and evans all looked like quality arms. Thats not even taking into account any other players coming in. Like what ive seen from frosh derek perry. I think he may take 2b.
Last edited by jinxy on July 20th, 2014, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]