This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Just curious, who decides on when a game is played?

I looked at the schedule, and I would love to go to a game but most weekday games are at 3pm. I would suggest that most people, like myself, work until 5 or 6 and can't make a 3pm game. Is there a reason behind weekday games being at 3pm?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I would imagine a lot of it has to do with the weather in the early part of the season. Towards the end of the season when nights are a bit warmer there seem to be more 6/7 pm games. Just a guess.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure, with teams like ODU is it probably for travel reasons so they can get back to Norfolk at a decent time. I would like to see the games as well but only see a few minutes on my lunch break.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Also has to do with travel times for other teams. It allows a team to get to and from another school with no need for a hotel.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Also has to do with travel times for other teams. It allows a team to get to and from another school with no need for a hotel.
. . and the weather . . it's the warmest time of the day in February and early March, until time change.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Makes sense. It's just kind of sad for those of us who want to make it out to a game on a weekday but can't because of work.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Makes sense. It's just kind of sad for those of us who want to make it out to a game on a weekday but can't because of work.
Welcome to adulthood and responsibility. :D
LSU

What are you guys worried about? The team will win[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]