This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it's fair to blast Toman about the lineup yet. There's a lot of young guys and he needs to find out who can play. I've only got to see 1 game in person and follow the box scores on the others but i'd like to see
Lacik Keranen Perritt Seiz Graeur Britt Close Roberts/Shepherd Kimble.

Seiz can't be the bat that comes in the double switch though. Anybody but Seiz can come out. It's not time to panic yet because there is a lot of talent. I really think we have 2 really good freshman outfielders in Roberts and Shepherd. May take them a few weeks but I think they are both going to be really good. If we can figure out 2b and the catching defense we will be a very good squad this year. We're going to get on base and we're going to pitch. I'm anxious to see Bean and Stafford in person this year, heard lots of good things on both.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I agree it's not fair to criticize the lineup yet. In the past, I would chalk it up to Toman trying to do too much but he said in the preseason that the first ten games or so would have quite a few lineups so that we could figure out what worked and what didn't.

If I'm gonna be critical, I've also gotta pull it back when I was wrong: Seiz had a pulled hammy at the end of the game this week. That contributed to the double switch that pulled him out of the game. Can't fault Toman for taking him out when he couldn't walk.
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]