This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Week away and starting to get excited lot a lot of folks on here. Bored so did a little research for what it is worth on our three opponents next weekend.

North Florida - 69 RPI last year; 40 wins; picked to finish second in the A Sun;

Richmond - 161 RPI last year; 34 wins; picked to finish 4th in the A10

Missouri - 147 RPI last year; 17 wins; picked to finish last in the SEC East; positive thing is they should have a very solid strength of schedule as they were 21st last year in that category.

Another nice thing is that Missouri and Richmond are dealing with the same if not worse weather we are. Good competitive slate to start the season.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So im going with lambert herndon lyons. We know close seiz kimble perritt are all virtual locks. Lots of competition at other spots. Graeur likely to dh again. We need all 3
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Those three pitchers have the potential to be a very good weekend crew. Heard so many good things about the Juco shortstop that I bet he and Britt end up out there on the left side - not sure who will be where. No idea about the other outfield spots - Lacik is back and we need a couple of the youngsters to step up.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
huntandfish wrote:When and how do the team get to JAX ? Had to have hit the road early
Bus. Stayed somewhere in South Carolina Tuesday night and got to Jacksonville Wednesday morning. Had to beat the snow. Smart decision, seeing what happened to Coastal Carolina's basketball bus, which may or may not still be stuck on I-74 near Mt. Airy.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
UNF dropped six in the 3rd. Down 7-4 in the 4th.

Good to see Grauer starting off hot.

Our top six guys have a hit. That's a great way to start, especially since we've been stuck inside a lot.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:ouch - yeah it is early but need to win these
Agreed. Obviously only going by live stats but Close's two errors at catcher hurt.

8 guys left on base today - three innings had 2 left on. To me, that's a sign of us not getting outside much because of the weather.

Grauer had a good day.

Six strikeouts - not bad considering it's so early in the year.

Gotta win the next two.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
South Florida from the AAC is gonna give us an early boost in RPI. Richmond is an in state opponent and we certainly had our struggles in that area last year as well as an early boost in the RPI coming from the A10. That said, I agree with Jon...we gotta get these next two for sure
Last edited by BJWilliams on February 14th, 2014, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]